Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Sep 15, 2005, 9:01 PM   #1

I'm going to buy a S2 to replace my sony video camera so I'm very interested about S2's video mode, I have seen samples that look great that shot under bright sunny day, but how does it perform under room light siturartion? does it look very noise? does the focus move back and forword? thanks
Tao Ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 16, 2005, 6:03 AM   #2

come on, no one shoot video with their S2? I really wanted to know how it look, is it good or bad in room light?
Old Sep 16, 2005, 6:30 AM   #3

gidday

I don't know what an proper vid-cam looks like when shot inside but the S2 looks allright to me although i have read that it is a little noisy inside.

It will zoom and focus no worries and you can also take snapshots while playing-this will put a blank spot on your recording.

I think that if you are expecting as good a recording in video and sound as a high quality video recorder you are asking a bit much-the S2 will give good quality but not that good,and only 7mins or so per gig card in highest quality.

Cheers Dom
roxydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2005, 7:03 AM   #4

I've only done a little video shooting with my S2 as I'm more interested in stills photography. However the 2 min film I shot seemed to be very clear, with good quality stereo sound, and looked perfect played back on my TV, as good as most cam corders. If you want a good quality movie mode with a decent camera then the S2is seems to be the one for you.

Hope that helps
Shaun Geraghty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2005, 5:21 AM   #5

thanks for all the answers, these are the final push to make me buy the camera, I like it use AA battery, and I like it has stereo sound, all my clips are just 1-2 minutes kids playing, so 7 minutes is really good enough for me, thanks again.
Old Sep 17, 2005, 11:22 AM   #6

I've shot oneindoor videoand it does look very noisey. There wasaceiling light on and that's it (it was night time, so no natural light coming in). The sound quality was good and thezoom worked fine. I've never used a video camera so don't know how it would compare.
Roobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2005, 12:34 AM   #7

UPDATE to my last post about taking videos: I just took another indoor video with only some lamps on in the room, and it came out fine....no noise at all.
Roobin is offline   Reply With Quote