Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Oct 1, 2005, 1:09 PM   #1

I just borrowed a friends canon G3 and will be shootinh pics at a concert tonight. I realize fill flash is useless when at a distance (although the venue is small) and the lights on stage and movment may mean too high an iso would be an issue. I look forward to some tips. So far all my efforts have been on editing and fixing I hope with some guidance that my own shots won't need to much of that
creeduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 2, 2005, 12:03 AM   #2

Well what seemed to work best for me after a bunch of tests during opening act we to set the camera in AV mode, using aperture of between 2.8 and 3.5 with exposure comp set to -2 iso set to 200 and white balance custom to the surroundings. I am happy with maybe 70% of the shots I think after first review. A few times I had mic stands more in focus than the musician so maybe I should have gone to manual focus and set focus lock, they moved alot but where 90% of the time the same distance from me so it might have worked. For the drummer this really would have paid off as any foreground movment pulled the focus away and between the changing lights the movment and the crowd that was a tricky shot. Moving would get me a better angle but also loose me any chance of getting back where I was stood..lol so non of that.

hmm a conon g3....oops damn typo's
creeduk is offline   Reply With Quote