Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Sep 11, 2006, 6:36 AM   #41

I call tell you Canon worth NOTHING on taking responsability when their products are at low quality.

See before the picture with the malfunction I got in my G3 camera (long line of dead pixels)

The Canon representative in Israel was kind but said "sorry can't help you without guaranty", even it's a 2.5 years old camera. My complaint to Canon Europe got no response.

Someone knows the email for such complains in Europe or whoever is in charge for Canon camera worldwide?
marceloros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2006, 2:17 PM   #42

I think I'm the first one with this very same problem but with my PowerShot S50. Canon wants $139 plus parts to look at it. I haven't used it that much and still looks brand new. I paid $644 for the camera and an extra CF card and I really trusted Canon on quality. Good bye Canon.
komet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2006, 9:04 AM   #43

I am also facing the same problem. My Canon S1-is got the same CCD problem.

I only got fully distorted imagesin blue/violet colors. Sometimes in lines and sometime full black.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Now it is proved that Canon S1-is has also CCD failure problems as with other models. Canon should do needfull in this regard.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Rakesh
rakeshkota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2006, 1:30 PM   #44

All,

I too own a Canon S1 IS camera that one day started to view the world as comprising out of blue and violet stripes.

Like everyone else I searched through forums and found out that I'm not the only one with this problem. I contacted my local Canon dealer just to be told that this is my problem and if I want my camera to be fixed, then I need to pay for it. I e-mailed and called every person I can find in Canon Europe. I always received the same answer stating that they don't know of a CCD problem with Canon S1. In reply to my comment about Canon Asia fixing this problem, Canon Europe replied that they have no connection with Canon Asia and in fact it is a different firm alltogether with different rules and guidelines.

Below please find my latest reply e-mail to Canon Europe.

"Hello Vicky,

I thank you for your help. I'm not going to fix my Canon camera as according to what I understand by reading Internet forums, my problem is part of a wider issue that many Canon S1 IS owners suffer from. Unfortunately, despite the fact that Canon Asia admits that S1 IS has this problem and fixes the problem on Canon own expense, Canon Europe dismisses its customers claims, and refers them to service centers to fix their cameras with full payment for the service.

I'm planning to start a petition on internet forums so that all Canon customers with this problem can participate and send their angry letters to Canon Europe.

If nothing will help, I would rather throw my S1 IS to the garbage than to pay Canon for fixing a problem they created in the first place due to a design flaw.

Needless to say that according to the way things are going right now, this will be my last Canon camera I will ever buy (and I own 4 Canon cameras)."

The only way we can get what we want, i.e. Canon admiting that S1 do have the CCD problem and therefore will fix the problem, is by sending e-mails to Canon Europe/U.S. I urge you to do just that so we could all receive what we deserve. Below please find e-mail addresses and phone numbers to key Canon employees.

Victoria Burt => [email protected]

Canon CEE GMBH
Address
Oberlaaer Strasse 233
A-1100 Vienna
Austria
Telephone
+43 - 1 68088 331
Fax
+43 - 1 68088 333
Email
[email protected]
<a href="mailto:canon.atcanon_suppor...">canon.at</a>

[email protected]

nip90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2006, 1:19 AM   #45

Thanks for the email addresses, I was looking for them to complain about Canon's bad customer support for a long time.

Do you think a "chain letter" telling the story &amp; "Don't Buy Canon" can help too?
marceloros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2006, 7:08 AM   #46

Hi marceloros.

A chain letter is a great idea. I'm hoping that other members of this forum will read my post and would join in to fight Canon.

At this time I would start by sending e-mails to the address I specified and convincing others to do the same.

I call to all members of this forum that own an S1 IS that suddenly died because of CCD heart attack, to write to Canon and express your anger. Also please drop a note in this forum so I could call Canon and point them to this link.

Lets not give in and let Canon enjoy our money while delivering defective products.
Old Oct 28, 2006, 8:19 AM   #47

My Canon S1-IS which was dead because of CCD failure is replaced by Canon with a new S2-IS. This is a great service any company offer to any customer. My full points to Canon Support and wish all of the members who suffered with S1's CCD attack can get this type of solution.

I was fade-up when My camera stopped working and blaming Canon for their imperfect QC and parts. Although problem may be with every product as no product is 100% ideal and fault-free. But this type of excellent support to the customers are most welcome and to reward this I left my idea for going to other brand and now going to buy another pack an S3-IS.

- Rakesh Gupta
Old Oct 28, 2006, 3:42 PM   #48

Hi Rakesh,

Congratulations. Can you please let me know which Canon support you contacted, i.e was it Asia or Europe? I would highly appreciate any additional information that you could provide, like who you talked with.

Regards,

Tzach.
Old Oct 28, 2006, 4:42 PM   #49

Hi All,

Following is a link to ChinaCSR which states that Canon admits its S1 cameras do have a CCD issue. http://www.chinacsr.com/2006/10/13/c...inese-cameras/

F.Y.I
Old Oct 29, 2006, 12:30 AM   #50

Hello Tzach,

Thanks for the compliments.

Just delivered my Camera to Canon Indiaand their reply was "no parts are available to repair hence we are sending you a new piece".

thanks &amp; regards,
Rakesh