Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Nov 26, 2006, 5:57 AM   #61

I had same problem with A70 and just today I got a replacement camera from Canon India. The replacement camera is Powershot A530 and they claim it to be on "Loan" thus when Canon services my original camera I am supposed to swap back.

I bought the same in July 2003, in Germany for about 380 Euros, add to it another 70 Euros for 256 MB card. (not a great place to buy electronic stuff on earth... pretty expensive in those days too... I knew in USA the same would cost 299 $)

I started facing the blackout problem (no image) about 2 months ago ,and I approached the Canon service center here in bangalore (deen dayal). The person claimed it to be shutter problem and then after fixing it claimed that the CCD is gone, so he will be sending it to Canon for repairs, after 2 months of wait today I got the replacement. I had to shell out the original agreed charges of 1800 for shutter fixing (unbelieveable). Of course my 256MB memory card stands wasted.. The dealer claimed that they have so far replaced about 40 -50 cameras in this style, (which gave me a secret thought that I am ripped for about 1800 Rs, since the dealer would have anyway found out the problem of CCD before telling me about shuttre problm) When enquired about the *loan* part of the deal, delaer smiled and asked me *who is going to give back the same when asked*? They dont ask any proof of address/ identity details for the *loan* agreement either.

To Canon's credit, I used my A70 *a lot* during my entire stay in Germany and thereafter (I havent counted num of snaps I took). On one occassion the camera slipped out of my hand and fell on the concrete road took 2-3 rolls on the edges before resting on the lens side. Thankfully it worked (it happened about 2 years earler) since then till this problem arose.

- abhijit
abhijitsavarkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2006, 2:39 PM   #62

Does this problem affect newer canon-models? Because i just bought a a630.

I'm soooooooo hoping it doesn't...
stefaantje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2006, 6:48 PM   #63
Administrator

The A630 is not on the latest list which is:

- Digital Cameras A60, A70, A75, A300, A310, S230, SD100, SD110, A40(*), A80(*), A85(*), A95(*), S1 IS(*), S60(*), S200(*), S330(*), S400(*), S410(*), S500(*)

*Models added as of Oct.31, 2006
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2006, 8:13 PM   #64
JDL

I had my S1 repaired by Canon Philippines, they committed 14 days to repair it, but I was able to get it in 10 days only. The service is free and they have also provided a 3 months warranty on the new ccd.

The camera is now working very well.
JDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2006, 12:40 AM   #65

Finally,

Thanks to Rakesh notification, I contacted Canon Europe and they admitted that S1 does have a CCD problem and they'll fix it for free, so I went to Canon and put my camera for repair.

1 month has passed and I got a phone call from Canon stating that due to parts shortage they are going to replace my faulty S1 with a brand new S3.

I'm now the proud owner of a new S3 camera.

Just to say that ones should not give up. I spent the past 5 months complaining to Canon Europe and finally it paid of (you can read my full story in thid messageboard chain)
nip90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2006, 10:34 AM   #66

Congratulations nip90.

Finally efforts from all of us worked. We are sure Canon will support these excellent services for their all models and all customers irrespective of their geography.

Rakesh Gupta

rakeshkota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2007, 10:09 PM   #67

In my camer also having same blackout problem, please let me know Address of Canon service center in Bangalore
HemappaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2007, 10:50 PM   #68

Hi,

You should contact Canon's Camera Rapair Section at Gurgaon:

Canon India Pvt. Ltd.
1st Floor, Tower A, Cyber Greens, DLF Phase III
Gurgaon
Haryana
Pin : 122002
Tel : 0124-4160068

BTW, the helpdesk's email ID is: [email protected]

- Rakesh Gupta
rakeshkota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2007, 3:21 AM   #69

Igot my Powershot A95 in Dec 2004. Have been using it without any problemuntil I went up to our mountain province (Baguio, Philippines) on1/2/07 fora vacation.
The sudden change in temperature/humidity might have cause the internal wiring to come undone. (see latest picture with the problem attached)
I immediately went intothe Canonwebsite that night and send my inquiryabout the problem. Igot aresponse the next day from ourlocalservice center "Canon Philippines"requesting me to bring my unitfor repair free of charge. I was not interrogatedforanydocuments.
Canon Asia is doing a good job in responding to their customer's complaints. Will be able to confirm thatonce I get my camera fixed.
Attached Images

adang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2007, 3:21 AM   #70

Igot my Powershot A95 in Dec 2004. Have been using it without any problemuntil I went up to our mountain province (Baguio, Philippines) on1/2/07 fora vacation.
The sudden change in temperature/humidity might have cause the internal wiring to come undone. (see latest picture with the problem attached)
I immediately went intothe Canonwebsite that night and send my inquiryabout the problem. Igot aresponse the next day from ourlocalservice center "Canon Philippines"requesting me to bring my unitfor repair free of charge. I was not interrogatedforanydocuments.
Canon Asia is doing a good job in responding to their customer's complaints. Will be able to confirm thatonce I get my camera fixed.
Attached Images

adang is offline   Reply With Quote