Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Oct 13, 2005, 8:16 AM   #1

I'd like to get one of these cameras, but the price is a bit hard to justify for me (and to my girlfriend). I spent about that much buying lightweight rims for my car...

Does anyone here think that there will be any sales on this camera in the near future (1-2 months)? Dell has previously had some pretty good deals on it. Do you think they'll do it again sometime?
Nizidramanii is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 13, 2005, 10:26 AM   #2

Some dealers will be willing to price match if you take in a print off of an internet offer. Its worth browsing around the web, finding some decent prices and then taking it in to a dealer and asking if they will match it. I dont know about the US but certainly in Britain Jessops will do that. I got mine reduced from £468 to £333.
Shaun Geraghty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2005, 11:40 AM   #3

You may also want to look on ebay... found a Canadian reseller in BC, selling it for a bit over $100 cheaper than I could find locally, and that saved me on some of the taxes as well...

SMP_Homer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2005, 8:10 PM   #4

SMP_Homer; I think I probably bought mine from the same dealer as you in BC. Was it KBS Electronics?

Carman's Foto Source (Head Office) 866 227 6267 Ext. 20 has the same price but if you reside in Ont. you get dinged for the PST which I saved buying from KBS.

Mack C. in Brooklin ON
mackcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2005, 9:26 PM   #5

Walmart $649.00 ( I belive ) plus taxes. Everyone else is asking $699.00 plus taxes. As you I also belive todays camera prices are WAY over inflated. Like every thing else in a few years prices WILL DROP !
videosilva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2005, 10:38 PM   #6

$649? $699? Is that Canadian? I've never seen prices that high.
Nizidramanii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2005, 8:09 AM   #7

mackcam wrote:
Quote:
SMP_Homer; I think I probably bought mine from the same dealer as you in BC. Was it KBS Electronics?

Carman's Foto Source (Head Office) 866 227 6267 Ext. 20 has the same price but if you reside in Ont. you get dinged for the PST which I saved buying from KBS.

Mack C. in Brooklin ON

I don't remember the name, but i know it wasn't KBS (or anything with initials)... Buying out of province is the way to go if taxes have to be involved...

SMP_Homer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2005, 5:07 PM   #8

I bought mine for around $450.00 USD, was really a good price (there are many on Ebay from trustable sellers in this price range).

Since I live in Mexico, normal price for this camera is over $600.00 USD (I don't understand it as import taxes for Mexico and US are the same for this kind of products and shipping costs should not vary too much).

Regards
schmiedel is offline   Reply With Quote