Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Oct 16, 2005, 3:45 PM   #1

I just purchased this camera and would like to find up and downs if any of you hade , so I can return or exchange .The price was good at costco and so far Im happy
Attached Images

opaopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 16, 2005, 5:44 PM   #2

I've had this camera for a few months now and overall it's a great little camera.

Here is the only con I can think of with this camera (which I can certainly live with):

- flash recharge time

this is a little annoying but if you don't take many flash shots it won't affect you too much. basically when you take a picture with the flash, it will take about 7-10 secs between shots. At least with my camera, when I set it to the top quality with full flash, it will take about this long before I can take another shot. This may be very annoying for a few people, but I use the manual mode often and I can take shot without the flash by changing a few settings. It may take a long time to recharge the flash also due to the camera only having 2 AA batteries (not a bad thing really - you can carry an extra set instead of relying on a proprietary battery or 4 AA's)

otherwise, you get many pros:

small size - with only 2 AA's the camera size is smaller than previos A series cameras (I previously had an A40 which is huge compared to the A510)

full manual controls - this may not be a pro for you if you are just getting into digital cameras, but later when you are experimenting with photography, you will love these options. Night shots are great when you know how to use the manual features.. for example

great zoom - 4X zoom on this little camera, which is great. The previous A series only had 3X zoom. you'll need a steady hand to use the full zoom or a tripod handy

easy to use - there are many features on this camera but if you just want a hassle free shot - just set it to AUTO and fire away. I enjoy using the manual settings, but for ease the AUTO setting is fine.

bang for the buck - this camera has great features, takes great crisp shots and it's hard to find a better camera for this price range. There are new models that are out by Canon which again are feature packed, but you will have to pay more for those new models.

Overall I've been happy with the camera and I'm hoping you will too! Enjoy your camera and have fun taking pictures!

darkmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2005, 7:12 PM   #3

Darkmagic

thank you very much for the detail description of Canon A510 , the price was 209.00 Can $ at Cosco , I tried almost all Kodak they look and feel cheep , softwere

was slowing my PC ( some people dont belive me ) I like Canon and your positive answer made me feel good for the choise I made

I was looking for the camera betwen 150 - 200 can , and so far like this one:|

Thank you
Old Oct 17, 2005, 4:40 AM   #4

The following picturewas taken with an A510 as were all the pictures in this gallery

I don't like the amount of noise in the pics, but I am just learning the settings. It's a kick ass camera. Next stop Rebel.

northernbillsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2005, 4:51 AM   #5

Forgot the settings:

Attached Images

northernbillsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2005, 4:14 PM   #6

thank you northern

nice photos