Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jul 2, 2002, 9:19 AM   #1

Default Upload to Canon A40

Does anyone know if it is possible to upload images that were created on the A40 from a PC back to the camera. This would be useful in compiling slide shows which are to be dislayed using the video out facility
andyrwebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 2, 2002, 6:09 PM   #2

I'd also like the answer to this. Can a card reader be used? Does it act like a drive i.e. able to write to as well as read from? Anyone got an answer. AR
A Ridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2002, 2:26 AM   #3

Default Upload to A40

I would also like this information.
Mathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2002, 8:24 AM   #4

Default One possibility

At least there is one Solution. I have a notebook and use a PCMCIA (PC-Card) Adapter to read my pics/Videos. Its no Problem to write on it and display the pics on the camera. This is a cheap and much more faster solution than using the USB cable. Maybe this could help someone, Tom
tigermelone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2002, 12:54 PM   #5

Yes, there is a way to upload.. You need the ZoomBrowser EX program to do it.. when you open it with the camera plugged in, open the camera window, showing everything on the CF card.. there is an icon there to upload files. You just need to choose which ones to send. It will only take JPG files (and maybe avi's, haven't tried), so it's rather strict, and for me, it's renamed every file I tried to upload to some numbering convention.

Otherwise, buying a cheap USB CF reader is the other choice, and it can be used as a fully functioning drive too. Too bad the A40 doesn't act like a standard USB drive like the Fuji's.. that'd be an even better selling point, and would save a lot of effort on Canon's side having to make custom drivers for it.
Jam-ehz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2002, 11:45 AM   #6

Default Thanks

Thanks to Jam-ehz!!!!. This worked a treat.
andyrwebster is offline   Reply With Quote