Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Oct 28, 2005, 4:54 PM   #1

I have a Canon S2 IS, I also have a 1G Sandisk II memory card for it. I took about 100 pictures last night, no issues. I took 2 pictures this morning, no issues. I then tried to take more after the 2 this morning, all that would happen is the "picture" was black.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I formatted the card, then took pictures this afternoon with no issues. However, the card is fairly new. Shoudl I perhaps look at taking it back and getting a replacement card? or is it more likely that this was a one time glitch.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Joe Fisher, Kalispell, MT
Joe-1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 28, 2005, 6:23 PM   #2

It's strange, I use a 2GB 133x card and it works flawlessly, no issues at all. Maybe you needed to format the card from the camera (this helps for compatibility), or maybe you turned off, removed batteries or the SD card from your camera when it was writiing to the card (you can see if it's writing to the card when one of the lights remains on after turning it off). If this was the case, you might have corrupted data and might have caused this problem. Else I would think it was just a coincidence, you should keep testing your card, but if it normally works fine, it should be ok.

Regards
schmiedel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2005, 7:39 PM   #3

I just don't trust SD. Cards are too tiny and delicate. Never had a problem using CF with probably 1000s of photos over the past 5 or so years. That's why I'm dissapointed Canon decided to go with SD instead of CF in their latest generation IS camera as well as the A series.

pineywoodsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2005, 10:10 PM   #4

Well,

It's a matter of space; a camera with CF cards will be bulkier for sure than one with SD cards, so CF now is only OK for dSLR cameras. In my experience, SD works great, have never had any trouble with such a card, but often these different opinions come due to different experiences.

Regads
schmiedel is offline   Reply With Quote