Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Nov 9, 2005, 12:18 AM   #1

Is it possible to force the flash to fire in auto mode in the S2? It seems that there are times it should fire that it doesn't. I have set it to always flash in P mode so when I feelI want the flash to go off Iswitch to this mode. Is thisa good alternative, I am not sure if I am sacraficing something in this mode.
nboerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 10, 2005, 10:31 AM   #2

Mine just goes off if I take a shot with the flash raised. Simple as that..
Shaun Geraghty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2005, 11:25 AM   #3

Do you mean it goes off even in broad daylight just by raising the flash? What setting do you have it set to, auto? Sometimes I like to have the flash fire even when the camera doesn't think it needs it to help with shadows etc. I can't seem to get it to fire in auto mode unless IT wants to.
Old Nov 10, 2005, 11:26 AM   #4

Do you mean it goes off even in broad daylight just by raising the flash? What setting do you have it set to, auto? Sometimes I like to have the flash fire even when the camera doesn't think it needs it to help with shadows etc. I can't seem to get it to fire in auto mode unless IT wants to.
Old Nov 10, 2005, 11:26 AM   #5

Old Nov 10, 2005, 11:27 AM   #6

Old Nov 10, 2005, 2:51 PM   #7

I'm not sure about 'auto' mode as I usually use one of the modes that gives a little more control over things (like P mode or one of the priority modes). But, in P or other modes, you can raise the flash and cycle thru the flash settings by pressing the flash botton on the top of the camera. That will turn the flash on or off, and you can also select the flash sensitivity and options such as red-eye mode and others, thru the menu system in the camera. The owners manual will give you a lot of information on exactly what you can do to over-ride the 'automatic' flash settings to create a different effect (ie fill flash etc.).

Hope that helps!

Mark

www.WestCoastPaddler.com
WestCoastPaddler is offline   Reply With Quote