Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Dec 12, 2005, 6:33 AM   #1

Hi everybody, i bought canon A80 one and half year back.it was functioning well for one year but later Toggle switch wasn't working properly.The spring movement is not smooth. Is it a serious problem,is it possible to replace the toggle switch. will it cost more for me. please reply me.
basa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 12, 2005, 9:34 AM   #2

The digital or optical zoom isn't working?

Zooming the lens in and out using the toggle switch around the shutter release is the optical zoom, so if the lens isn't retracting and moving out it's the optical zoom not working and that's probably bad, meaning something's broken. Happens a lot when people carry these type cameras in their pockets & somehow the power switch gets turned on and the lens tries to extend and cannot since it's in the pocket and as a result gears get broken. It'll probably be cheaper to just buy a new camera. The A80 is now two generations passed up with first the A95 and now the A610/620. Only problem is your CF cards now cannot be used in the new bodies since Canon's moved to SD cards.

If the optical zoom works and it's the digital zoom, the I'm not sure of anything other than possibly a software problem since there's no "zoom" really in effect other than the camera cropping some of the image off to give the impression of zooming in. I almost would not consider the digital zoom not working as being a problem. Why turn a perfectly good 4-5 megapixel camera into a 1-2 megapixel camera? That's what you do when you use digital zoom.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2005, 9:46 AM   #3

Thanks for ur reply Greg but the actual problem is with the toggle switch, i corrected my topic. please help me .
basa is offline   Reply With Quote