Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Dec 15, 2005, 9:34 PM   #1

Hello,

Both Steve's review and the A610 manual say that there is a continuous shooting mode for the camera.

When I press the "function" button to select the continuous shooting mode, the option does not even appear on the screen (not even greyed out - it just does not exist at all).

Am I doing something wrong?
The manual makes a vague statement that continous shooting can be done until the cows come home with a particular memory card, but it does not say explicity that it cannot be done at all without that particular memory card.

So do I need that particular memory card to do any continuous shooting, or is there something wrong with my A610?

Thanks for your help!
Juggernaut
Juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 15, 2005, 11:05 PM   #2

Greetings,

My A610 has this continuous mode feature. This can be accessed after pressing the function button and scrolling down to the item. am notsure if this has something to do with the memory card being used.

lockheed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2005, 6:08 AM   #3

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Clearly something is up. I am certainly looking in the right place with the function button and the screen looks identical to the screen in the manual, except the continuous shooting option simply does not exist...

What SD card are you using? I am using a freebee sandisk 256 mb that I got with the purchase of the camera. The card seems to work just fine. Did you format your card? I did not format my card...

Thanks!
Juggernaut
Old Dec 16, 2005, 11:59 AM   #4

Juggernaut,

Continuous shooting is not available in Automatic mode. Try switching to one of the other shooting modes (Program mode, for example). Continuous Shooting should now show up in the Drive Mode selection.
DaiButsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2005, 8:04 AM   #5

Hi Daibutsu,

Thanks alot! That did the trick. Funny the manual does not mention that...not that I could find anyway. Continuous shooting is very cool! I have never had a camera with that feature before - should make taking action shots more fun.

Thanks again!
Juggernaut