Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Dec 18, 2005, 1:04 PM   #1

Any recommendations please, it's too big for the wee Crumpler bags and I'd like something not too big but with enough protection ... must be able to hold a spare card and 4 batteries too!
liz4855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 18, 2005, 2:15 PM   #2

I just ordered a Lowepro D-Res 10 AW, I have the D-Res 50 AW from my A70 days and it's great for all my stuff (I have a set of rechargeable AAx8, charger, adapter, car adapter, cables, memory cards, lens cleaner/cloth)...thought about getting a smaller bag to just carry my cam instead of lugging around a big bag.

The 10AW should be able to hold my camera, an extra set of batteries and an additional SD card.

I will post back tomorrow when it's supposed to arrive.

If you are trying to order one, know that the all black version is not offered in the US (AFAIK that is, I called many places and LowePro was the one to call back to tell me about the availablility). The Silver/Black isn't bad looking, just I like a single color on my stuff.

www.lowepro.com has a product selector as well, the link http://www.lowepro.com/images/downlo...trix_lores.pdfis the best though as the product selector oddly doesn't show all bags.

The AW series is 'All-Weather' they come with a vinyl stowaway cover built in. Great for water rides and florida downpours.

Å
alkemyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2005, 3:05 PM   #3

Ibough aTamrac 5692 bag on Friday. The A620 fits perfectly, and there's room for 4 batteries and a couple mem cards I can provide pics of the A620 in the case if you'd like.
coppertrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2005, 5:07 PM   #4

Thanks for the replies - I've currently got it in a Tamrac 5692 which is OK a little long - is that a different model from yours Coppertrail? I liked theLowepro but the 2 I tried in a shop were hard to zip/unzip - they seemed to catch on the lining. Hope your is OK when it arrives. Do let me know as I liked the bag. Here in the UK the all black is the most commonly available lol! I was looking for more funky colouring if poss!
Old Dec 18, 2005, 5:23 PM   #5

Liz - No, I have the 5692. Sorry for thetypo in my post . . .
coppertrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 6:42 PM   #6

Got my LowePro D-Res 10 AW today...great!

Camera fits nicely in it...not too tight or loose. Room for 4xAA's in a case and the plastic pouch can hold probably 10 SD cards.

The plus is it fits inside my D-Res 50 AW that can hold the cables, another 4 packs of 4xAA's, a ton of memory, my lens cleaning stuff, the charger, and a pocket manual if you needed it too.

In Florida having a waterproof place tostash your camera (yes a ziploc bag could work inside a cheap foam case) is a requirement when carrying it.

The only plus I can think of for this bag would be a non-velcroed belt loop sewn inside the velcro one. I usually don't wear my case on my belt, but if I did I'd worry about velcro.

Old Dec 20, 2005, 11:25 AM   #7

Hi alkemyst, Glad you like your bag - didn't expect water ingress to be a problem in Florida unless you were watersporting - here on West Coast of Scotland we get wetter from the sky than from the sea! Liz
Old Dec 20, 2005, 12:19 PM   #8

Florida summers and hurricane seasons are notoriously wet. During the summer flash storms come out of nowhere soaking open cars regularly.
Old Sep 10, 2006, 1:54 PM   #9

I bought a small camcorder bag from Circuit City and I can fit the camera, batteries, manual and a mini-tripod in it yet the bag is not huge.

Ray
Raybonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2006, 3:19 PM   #10

:GI got a Lowepro with my camera. My Canon Powershot S3 IS fits perfectly in it and it has extra pockets on the side for stuff.

I can't wait to try my camera out (going in a few minutes to take some pictures).:|
Celtic Warrior Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote