Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Dec 26, 2005, 9:45 PM   #1

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem getting rebates when buying Canon products. I bought one of their bundles (Printer and Camera). Each time I contact them they say I need to supply just one more bit of information and they'll send the rebate. I wait a while, contact them again, and they say that I need to supply just one more bit of info... blah, blah, blah. I have been asked for and have supplied the following:

1. Original Rebate

--- Confirmed as received - Part of which they claim was "lost".

2. Copies of Sales Receipts

--- Confirmed as received by them, by one of their CSRs.

3. Title Pages from the Manuals

4. Serial Numbers of the Printer and Camera

5. And again... Full Name, Mailing Address, Serial Numbers, and my e-mail address

--- Confirmed as received by them in their last e-mail to me over a month ago.

Now when I check my rebate status online, it's disappeared! I guess I'm gonna have to contact the FTC to get these clowns to honor their rebate.

AlleyOop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 27, 2005, 1:04 PM   #2

Hi,

Is the rebate from canon itself or someone else?

Did you make copies of everything?

Did you buy directly from canon or from a store?

If you have copies of everything, they usually will ask you to resubmit the copies if there is a problem. If you bought it from a store, walk into the store and see if a manager can help you...or call the corporate office.

I have on occassion with other companies had to resort to contacting the better business bureau. Once the BBB sends them a letter I tend to get the rebate in a matter of weeks.

To answer to question directly, I have never submitted a rebate to canon directly nor submitted a rebate for a canon product.

Good luck,
Juggernaut
Juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2005, 3:30 AM   #3

Is the rebate from canon itself or someone else?
*The letterhead says Canon, and the return address on the rebate refusal card is:
Canon PIXMA Printer/Power Shot
Department 56980
P.O. Box 15800
Scottsdale, AZ 85267
1-888-864-6781
Fax: (480) 606-4313

Did you make copies of everything?
*Yep.

Did you buy directly from canon or from a store?
*Bought through Buy.com March 16th. The Canon rebate was printed out during this transaction. The origin of the purchase was never an issue.

If you have copies of everything, they usually will ask you to resubmit the copies if there is a problem. If you bought it from a store, walk into the store and see if a manager can help you...or call the corporate office.
*I've resubmitted until I'm blue in the face, and have confirmed they received these submissions, and they've said each one is "all that is needed" to process the rebate. A month or two later, they act like they forgot this and want more. After submitting everything remotely associated with this purchase, they start recycling the questions all over again.

I have on occassion with other companies had to resort to contacting the better business bureau. Once the BBB sends them a letter I tend to get the rebate in a matter of weeks.
*I'll be doing this, along with the FTC, etc.

To answer to question directly, I have never submitted a rebate to canon directly nor submitted a rebate for a canon product.
*Hope you never have to, although I fail to see the difference between Canon doing this and a rebate service doing their bidding. Canon keeps the money either way.
AlleyOop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2006, 1:27 PM   #4

How much is the rebate for? Often times it takes more of your time to fight these knuckleheads than it's worth. But then it becomes a matter of principle. My little old 70-something mother just fought and won a denied rebate for her Norton Internet Security update. They sent her a denial and she got on the phone and kept at it until she found a so-called manager/supervisor whom she faxed her copy of the rebate information. She, like you, makes copies of everything. One method I've seen work for people is to write to computer magazines and post the problem you're having in obtaining your rebate. It takes no effort on the part of an editor to contact a company and then post his successful results in his/her column. Another is consumer advocacy groups at local television networks. I believe in Tampa, Florida Channel 9 has a consumer advocacy program called, "Nine On Your Side." In the past I've had rebates denied because I supposedly omitted a proof of purchase which was nonsense; however, I believe some not-so-honest companies will simply deny all rebates unless someone challenges them. Good luck
TonyTrey is offline   Reply With Quote