Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jan 2, 2006, 8:28 PM   #1

A few discussions that have risen lately made me want to ask this....

Just bought the 610.. LOVE the camera.. LOVE IT. I can't see ever printing more than a 8x10.. so I can still get generous crop out of what I take...

Is it better to get the 7mp and shoot at 5mp?.. or use the 5mp and shoot at that?

$100 difference.

I have 30 days to return/ exhange, etc.. I've had it for about 2 weeks now. If I really don't need the jump.. I can handle saving the extra cash.. just figured I'd throw the question out there.
vwmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 2, 2006, 8:45 PM   #2

Hmm.. I found this when I googled.. someones opinion.. I do like the darker color of the 620 casing too.. LOL

ohhh.....

another site... the 610 has a higher continuous fps 620 is only 1.9 fps, while the 610 is 2.4 fps.. that's odd..

I think the sensor is actually greater on the 610 too.. yes?

Out of all the example photos I've seen of the 610.. I like the photos a lot more..

Seems all online opinions I've seen so far show the 610 to be better value for what you get. hhmm
Old Jan 2, 2006, 11:08 PM   #3

No, both cameras have the same sensor size 1/1.8 otherwise both cameras would require different lenses as well. The 7.1 MP is clearly the best current prosumer CCD but the 5 MP CCD of the A610 is quite good as well and the huge price difference between the A610 and the A620 is simply not justified.
kassandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2006, 12:08 AM   #4

Yes.. they are the same.. you're right.. I reread what I read in the first place.. Someone commented that the sensor on the 620 should be larger to handle the 7mp compared to the 5.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Looking through the manual I noticed another difference.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"The 620 is capable of Pc-controlled shooting via shutter control. Where the 610 does not allow this feature.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Other than that.. ALL the specs of the camera are identicle.