Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jul 5, 2002, 3:49 AM   #1

Default Canon A40 vs S330

Can anyone advise me which one among Canon A40 and S330 is the best?
Mathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 14, 2002, 1:03 PM   #2

Hello mathew:

The question is very important to me, because i compared this cameras in price and size.

the a40 have a good photo controls and is 150 dollar less than S330, but it have a plastic body and a biger size than S330.

if other members have more comments, please help us.
Rolospa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2002, 8:10 AM   #3

I think that both cameras will produce nice photos. On the technical site both seem to be very similar. The main difference is the size and the weight of the cameras. I'd prefer the S330 due to her metal body which looks much better than the plastic body of the A40.

I also think that a small camera has many advantages because you can carry it with you every time. That's why I like my Pentax Optio 330 which is a little smaller than the S300 but much smaller than the A40. But maybe you prefer the A40 because you can use normal batteries instead of a LiIon-battery like it is used in the S330. I had the S300 last year and I really liked her. It's a very good camera which produces good images.

I hope, that helps you a bit. But it's your decision and no one can tell you the right thing to do.

Regards from Germany
Christian
Lammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2002, 5:30 AM   #4

Is the plastic body a problem? Does that affect the life of the camera or is there any other draw back ? As both the cameras have almost the same features, the difference of $150 seems to be a matter of concern.
Mathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2002, 2:28 AM   #5

I prefer the shape of the A40 because with the more traditional grip it's easier and more comfortable to use. I have used the A40 some (my sister bought one) and I think it is an awesome camara and I own a $500 Sony DSC-S75.
Indyphinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote