Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jan 26, 2006, 3:28 PM   #1

I'm thinking of buying an A610 after reading several reviews. However, I'd like to do a bit of night photography. Can any current owners give some feedback on this cameras worthiness for such shots? Not talking professional stuff, just a bit of fun really.

The reason I'm asking is it seems the LCD screen has no manual brightness adjustment, but automatically adjusts to the lighting conditions. Is this true for reviewing shots as well? In other words, how well does the reviewed image match the true exposure of the shot? My crappy Ricoh digicam boosts the brightness of all reviewed shots, so a photo I thought looked good turns out to be under-exposed and very dark when viewed on a computer. Obviously the histogram feature on the A610 would help in this regard. But being a newbie, seeing the result would be easier.

Edit: I meant to say review in the topic title as well, not 'preview'
davdav is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 29, 2006, 12:43 PM   #2

I just got one of those and last night I went out for some nightime test shots. I got very good shots with it. To answer your question, I noticed it boosts the brightness when reviewing but only a little bit. The pictures were good on my computer monitor. I would say it is very close to what you are actually getting.
luisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2006, 4:52 PM   #3

Thanks luisr.

I ended up just buying one. All my questions were answered after playing with it a few minutes. And yes, the lcd review is pretty good when compared to how the shot will come out. Really like the camera.
davdav is offline   Reply With Quote