Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jan 31, 2006, 5:50 PM   #1

I don't know if it is just because it uses four batteries but I find battery life in the A610 very good. Just had the low battery indicator appear after more than 300 pictures using the alkaline batteries that came with the camera. How long will the batteries last after the indicator appears for the first time? I know this means to change the batteries immediately but I want to know what to expect if I am caught in the situation where the indicator appears and I can't replace batteries at the time and need just that one more shot.

Any experience with lithium batteries? I have a set here that was used only a little bit with my old camera when it died. I can't find any information regarding the use of lithium batteries with this camera. Just alkalines and NiMH.
luisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 2, 2006, 6:49 PM   #2

Hi Iuisr, Just some advice......I have a Powershot A75 which takes 4 AA's like your new A610. When the red low batt. indicator starts flashing, get ready to change the batteries, sooner than later when you could miss more than 1 shot. It's not a case of how many shots youcan take,because you have to take into account everything else that the camera needs power for before you even take a shot. Thispower consumptioncould vary alot from 1 shot to another. If need be, risk1 shot only if you have to, I always change my batteries when I see the light if I'm out shooting.As for batteries, get a set of NiMH of at least 2000mAh capacity, they arenot expensive now,you will be laughing!

I hope this is useful, All the best , from Ady.

Ady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2006, 7:34 PM   #3

Thanks for the info. I will be getting 2400 mAh or betterbatteries which I have read here last a lot per charge.

Nobody ever used lithium batteries with this camera? With my previous camera what I used to do was to purchase lithium batteries whenever I knew I would be taking hundreds of pictures in a short time (such as when traveling) because they lasted way longer than my rechargeables and did not have to worry about charging every night. But that was a different camera and only used 2 AA batteries.
luisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2006, 1:52 AM   #4

Lithiums are fine. Especially if you don't use the camera often. Otherwise, the NiMHs will save you money.

Cogito is offline   Reply With Quote