Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Feb 6, 2006, 4:41 PM   #11

I think this shot is awesome! The enhanced one is even better. What setting did you have it on, did you use a tripod or was it handheld? I am assuming you didn't use a flash in a place like that, too far to carry anyway. Was this in a covered arena or outside? I just posted a question about trying to get good action shots with this camera and my lack there of.

dzyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2006, 4:58 PM   #12

videosilva, how about these pics i just learnt to post?

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=17057151
wisely_foolish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2006, 5:55 PM   #13

vwmom wrote:
Quote:
YOU need to learn how to use the quote feature, and not make it appear that you are quoting my words.. or taking peieces of what people say.

YOU are the ONLY one who is complaining about this camera.. Yet YOU are the ONLY one also, to not show us ANY evidence of your complaints..

You've supposedly had this camera since OCT (going from your posts), and NO ONE has seen any of your work (other than your hacked up video).

You are making a lot of people mad, so just give it up.

To say that my monster truck pics are bad.. I challenge you to take photos (from ANY camera) under these conditions and see what you come up with. When you're in a closed airtight stadium full of revving engines, explosions, and crashes.. umm yup.. you're GONNA have shoot in the air.

Now.... If you're sooooo freakin unhappy with your camera.. Throw it in the lake.. Better yet, give it to someone that will actually PRODUCTIVLY participate in forums like this.

I've gotten numerous pms about you, and we're ALL sick of you.

So JUST in case, you're that slow.. I'll type it again.

1. show us examples of your complaints.

2. Throw it in the lake if it really does oops. Though.. since you seem presistant enough, and complain about what it costs, GET your money back.

3. Move on.
Quote:
Lady your killing me. Now it has to be personall attacks ?
Quote:
LISTEN when I bought this camera for a HIGH price I expected a HIGH end camera and that is not the case PLAIN AND SIMPLE. For a little more I could have gotten MUCH better. For ALOT less I could have gotten BETTER.
Quote:
Does any of that make any sense to you ?
videosilva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2006, 7:47 PM   #14

videosilva.. your inability to understand and take photographs is not a fault of the camera. The camera is not what makes great photographs, the photographer does. The pictures taken are only a representation of the photographer.

Such is the case with vwmom, she seems to like to have a good time, and with monster jammin bein her thing, she puts a great shot, and prolly has many more too. But I do like the post processing that Norm has put up, and hope that some of my pics can be as energetic as the ones I have seen by many of the members here. I too enjoy the S2 by all means, and am still learning alot about what makes a shot great. Workin on it.

This was one taken with the S2, and I think with no post processing it is quite nice.

Tho i personally like some of the haze vwmom, as the last time i was at a monster truck show.. aside from the alcohol in the air, it helps to give a "messy" kinda feelin about it all.
Attached Images

Buhammot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2006, 12:26 AM   #15

That is an awesome pic, I used the levels to make it look a little better. Do you have a non zoomed pic to show how far you were away.
pagerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2006, 12:31 AM   #16

This panoramic gives a good idea.. I didn't zoom onany of the4 shots..to keep the stitching consistant.

Attached Images

vwmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2006, 8:19 PM   #17

Folks, we have got to stop feeding this troll and then, like all trolls who do not get attention showered upon them, they either go away or end up saying something really stupid and get themselves banned.

Ignore this guy and keep posting great pics from a great camera.
Attached Images

MrGarmonbozia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2006, 12:06 AM   #18

Nope, no " THE FOG EFFECT " in that image. Its very nice, you got your moneys worth. You defenitely deserve that camera.
Old Feb 8, 2006, 12:08 AM   #19

Here is a decent image from the S2 if it were able to consistently produce all would be fair. I have a birthday next weekend , I don't want to use the S2 and HOPE I GET A DECENT picture.
Attached Images

Old Feb 8, 2006, 4:16 AM   #20

If you can't get good shots, experiment under controlled conditions. First take some shots in ideal conditions with settings that should not fail. For example, on max zoom, shutter speed should be at least 1/500 sec. Smaller apertures and less zoom will maximise depth of field. If you suspect shake, rest the camera on something and use the 10 sec self timer. Here are some examples with higher shutter speed, not much zoom (relatively speeking), and reasonable apertures. No sharpening or unsharp-masks, only gamma adjustments for overall brightness/contrast.

Because it was windy the trees may not be sharp - but the buildings should be. It was a cool day, so the atmosphere was OK, not much heat-haze. The hills in the backgound are on the other side of the central city - so they're a bit faded.

Larger size available at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/97044230/

Larger size available at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/97075128/

See this thread if you want to see some sharp S2 IS macro images:
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=15
mchnz is offline   Reply With Quote