Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Feb 5, 2006, 1:34 PM   #1

Here's a link.. there's no point double posting it all.. Though here's one shot

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...jump_to=460609

(there's a link within that linkto complete set I took there)

Attached Images

vwmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 5, 2006, 3:53 PM   #2

And you do NOT notice that picture are being BLURYY, FUZZY, OUT OF FOUCS " THE FOG EFFECT " ??
videosilva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2006, 4:52 PM   #3

Do you not realize that's zoomed a LOT.. THe fog effect in this photo would infact be tha large amount of dirtand SMOKE in the air.. Come on GIVE it up.
Old Feb 5, 2006, 8:08 PM   #4

videosilva wrote:
Quote:
And you do NOT notice that picture are being BLURYY, FUZZY, OUT OF FOUCS " THE FOG EFFECT " ??

Oh wait, yes....this time I see it. I see what you have been spewing out in all these threads. I finally see it!!! I ...

No...

Wait...

No, sorry...still don't.

MrGarmonbozia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2006, 11:38 PM   #5

videosilva wrote:
Quote:
If you expect any compact camera to produce a pin-sharp shot under these conditions, you're in for a nasty surprise.

This is clearly a low-light environment. And there are multiple factors at play. From the EXIF on the original image, the exposure is 1/200 sec, which is too slow to completely freeze the motion. In order to reach 1/200 sec, the camera looks like it is on ISO 400 - the image is consequently full of noise. The aperture is at f/4.0 - I don't think there is much zoom, so the aperture could have been openned up a bit more to increase the shutter-speed or maybe to bring down the ISO.

And yeah, the dust doesn't help either.

This is image is pretty good under these conditions. If I wanted to try and do better, I'd hold the ISO at 200, open up the aperture, go wide on the zoom, under expose, and use burst-mode. A motion freezing shutter speed won't be obtainable, so luck will have to play a part (perhaps try IS on pan, and pan horizontally).

Most compact cameras and all super-zooms are very noisy in low light and at high ISO. All the reviews mention this.
mchnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2006, 1:47 AM   #6

See.. I needed to know that before the show..lol.. I'm still learning. I guess under my 'newbie' experience. I did ok, eh? *batting eyelashes*

I'll take those suggestions for next time.. Isn't this the real purpose of a forum? Thankyou.

I can't wait till I learn more
Old Feb 6, 2006, 3:17 AM   #7

vwmom wrote:
Quote:
In cases like this, a bit of after-action processing can help quite a bit. This (below) is just an example of what might be done, and it would be easier working on the original not a down-sized image. The hardest part was using Neatimage to remove any noise; the photo was really too small to do much good without removing detail, so I had to dial things back quite a bit. I then added some local USM to cut through the dust/haze, then a bit of enhancing of hue/saturation, and finally some overall sharpening. Waddya think?

Norm in Fujino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2006, 8:35 AM   #8

vwmom wrote:
Quote:
Do you not realize that's zoomed a LOT.. THe fog effect in this photo would infact be tha large amount of dirtand SMOKE in the air.. Come on GIVE it up.

Yes you ARE right thats what the reason( cough, cough )is. Next picture.
Old Feb 6, 2006, 8:39 AM   #9

Norm in Fujino wrote:
Quote:
vwmom wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

In cases like this, a bit of after-action processing can help quite a bit. This is just an example--and not too good at that since I assume it was a down-sized image and not the original; the hardest part was using Neatimage to remove any noise; the photo was really too small to do much good without removing detail, so I had to dial things back quite a bit. I then added some local USM to cut through the dust/haze, then a bit of enhancing of hue/saturation, and finally some overall sharpening. Waddya think?
Quote:
Now that is a bit more acceptable. The S2 WILL NEVER come close to that. Possiblygrasping a figure out of the air 80% of the cams out there will produce a better picture then the S2.
Quote:
No here we go all the S2 I have the best camera in the world will start bashing me again.

Old Feb 6, 2006, 10:37 AM   #10

YOU need to learn how to use the quote feature, and not make it appear that you are quoting my words.. or taking peieces of what people say.

YOU are the ONLY one who is complaining about this camera.. Yet YOU are the ONLY one also, to not show us ANY evidence of your complaints..

You've supposedly had this camera since OCT (going from your posts), and NO ONE has seen any of your work (other than your hacked up video).

You are making a lot of people mad, so just give it up.

To say that my monster truck pics are bad.. I challenge you to take photos (from ANY camera) under these conditions and see what you come up with. When you're in a closed airtight stadium full of revving engines, explosions, and crashes.. umm yup.. you're GONNA have shit in the air.

Now.... If you're sooooo freakin unhappy with your camera.. Throw it in the lake.. Better yet, give it to someone that will actually PRODUCTIVLY participate in forums like this.

I've gotten numerous pms about you, and we're ALL sick of you.

So JUST in case, you're that slow.. I'll type it again.

1. show us examples of your complaints.

2. Throw it in the lake if it really does suck. Though.. since you seem presistant enough, and complain about what it costs, GET your money back.

3. Move on.