Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Feb 21, 2006, 11:34 AM   #1

Link with pictures and specs. can be found here.
http://www.videosilva.com/cgi-bin/ib...T;f=30;t=6;r=1
videosilva is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 21, 2006, 6:14 PM   #2

How quickly before you buy this one and tell us how poor it is?
dequardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2006, 6:21 PM   #3

EGGuardo its always nice to hear from you. Is it just me or is the S3 really only an S2 in black ?

Does this meanthere will no longer be" THE FOG EFFECT " ?

P.S EGGuardo you should see some of the pictures I got today it was over cast to boot.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 1:22 AM   #4

If I had to pick something about the S2 Canon could have done better, I'd have said the LCD size. Considering the amount of available information that can be displayed on the LCD and the fact that fiewfinders are really un-usable, it is nice to have at least a 2" LCD. I have a Sony H1, which has a 2.5" LCD and I love it. Despite the "fog effect" that many people talk about, I also bought myself a S2 (haven't received it yet)based on many outstanding pictures I've seem coming from this camera. Now, will the S3 photos look better? I'm not too sure and Iwould not count on it. I think the extra megapixel is purely marketing. The following link will take you to a good article on megapixels: http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/mpmyth.htm
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2006, 9:57 AM   #5

Thanks for the excellent link--all the more reason to be satisfied with my S2. Ron
zip37602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2006, 10:58 AM   #6

Tullio wrote:
Quote:
If I had to pick something about the S2 Canon could have done better, I'd have said the LCD size. Considering the amount of available information that can be displayed on the LCD and the fact that fiewfinders are really un-usable, it is nice to have at least a 2" LCD. I have a Sony H1, which has a 2.5" LCD and I love it. Despite the "fog effect" that many people talk about, I also bought myself a S2 (haven't received it yet)based on many outstanding pictures I've seem coming from this camera. Now, will the S3 photos look better? I'm not too sure and Iwould not count on it. I think the extra megapixel is purely marketing. The following link will take you to a good article on megapixels: http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/mpmyth.htm

Oh man are you in for trouble. When you get your S2 and your face drops in comparison to your Sony camera PLEASE let me know all about it.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 2:00 PM   #7

Zip.. Ignore that guy. he's the root of 90% of the threads that complain about the S2.. ANYONE on here will vouch for that.

The S2 is a wonderful camera and there are hundreds of thousands of photos online to back this up. I've had mine for just over a month now, and love every bit of it, and have gotten awesome pics from it. The S3 has minimal changes (nothing that I can see an extra 300 bucks and a wait of 3-4 months worth an unpgrade). You will be happy with your new cam
vwmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2006, 2:21 PM   #8

This videosilver guy had an S2 IS, and now has an FZ30.

His posts in the Canon forum seem to be the echo of his posts about the FZ30 in the Panasonic forum, except that in the Canon forum he blames the camera. After trying to give him similar advice, the people in the Canon forum now bear the blame for his deciding to stick with the S2 for so long before switching to the FZ30.

Now you will often find that if someone decides they prefer the S2 IS, or if someone asks how to use it better - videosilver will take a dump on the thread with comments such as the above. I guess he really hates us.

mchnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2006, 2:46 PM   #9

vwmom wrote:
Quote:
Zip.. Ignore that guy. he's the root of 90% of the threads that complain about the S2.. ANYONE on here will vouch for that.
Videosilva complains unjustlyabout the S2 IS. Everyone has a right to an opinion and I respect that, but to tell the truth I am getting very tired of seeing the comments this guy writes every time the S2 IS is mentioned and I suspect many other's S2 owners are as well.

Fair enough Videosilva, we all realise you can't stand the S2 IS and as I said you have a right to your opinion. I joined Steve's forum to learn more about my camera, which through some very good people on here I am succeeding. Please stop bleating on about the S2 ISand let's all get onwith enjoying the forum and using it in the manner intended.
airedaleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2006, 3:59 PM   #10

Please don't feed the trolls.
dequardo is offline   Reply With Quote