Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Mar 20, 2006, 11:18 PM   #11

I could not agree more withmchnz!!!
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2006, 11:20 PM   #12

I always prefer the EVF: it is better than the LCD in bright light, and the camera is more stable. The EVF can't be totally useless, I taken plenty of shots outside and seldom notice any issues (asside from the lack of resolution) - perhaps you're talking about in the snow or at the beach (I've not tried the camera in these locations)?

Is anyone making a pro-sumer with a decent resolution EVF? I didn't think it was possible at a reasonable price yet?

If you want a good VF then the OVF on a DSLR is the only way to go.

TCB wrote:
Quote:
I found the evf on the S2 to be useless in bright daylight. The resolution of the LCD and the EVF are WAY too low.
mchnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2006, 11:21 PM   #13

The Canon S2 IS does have this problem.

Regardless, the small LCD, and its low resolution makes it difficult to use, especially for people whose eyes aren't so good. It's a major flaw in many of Canon's cameras, because they really like to cut corners when it comes to the LCD.

Use a tripod, and angle the swivel screen away from the sun - its the next best thing to jamming your eye in the EVF to attempt to see micro symbols.

ELDDJOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2006, 11:42 AM   #14
jbb

So you can set the camera to include the date stamp ina picture automatically? I noticed what you mentioned in the print section but did not know if that only applied when actually printing a photo or also automaticlly including it when you take the shot.
jbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2006, 11:45 AM   #15

I think it includes the timestamp only when you print.
Old Mar 21, 2006, 7:12 PM   #16
jbb

So you can only tell it to include a date stamp by using the included software loading on a computer? And if so, can you tell it to put the date stamp on when uploading to a service to make prints? I am not sure if it only applies to printing directly to my own pc printer.
jbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2006, 9:51 PM   #17

Well, you got me there. I don't use Canon's software to print neither do I print pictures w/ timestamp on them.
Old Mar 24, 2006, 8:21 PM   #18

hi ELDDJOC,

this is completely off topic but where do you find those pics of those girls, last time i noticed you had a different one,in your avatar? hehehe :lol:

anyway, i do agree that the EVF is better in some respects that the LCD, much more stable
wisely_foolish is offline   Reply With Quote