Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Mar 29, 2006, 11:28 PM   #11

I found a nice kinda square'ish case logic that fits the S2 perfectly (model TBC4). It has a from zippered compartment for batteries/memory cards, 2 side net pockets and an extra also zipperedcompartment under the top cover. You can carry itusing the shoulder strap, the belt loop or by holding the handy little handle.You can even have the lens adapter on the camera that it will fit if you place the camera with the lens facing down. However, you will not beable to fit any extra lens, only a few filters.I bought mine at Circuit City for $20. It's pretty compact and protect the camera well. The other good choice is the KodakDigital Camera Bag (Medium) model CAT 861 1501, which I also bought to carry my Sony H1. This is a much larger bag compared to the Case Logic but the good thing is, it will fit my 1.7x Tele converter,my macro lens, lens adapter, many filters, batteries, memory cards, cleaning kit, etc. and it's not that big either, just well made. It cost me $20 at Circuit City also (currently on sale).

As for batteries, I too have the Maha charger + 12 x 2500 mAH POWEREX. They are absolutely awesome.They charge fairly quickly and the charge last forever. When I first used it on my Canon A610, it lasted over 3 months and I took almost 1000 pictures before they had to be re-charged.

I also have a mini-tripod which I carry in the car. Very handy if you like to carry your camera anywhere you go (like I do).
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2006, 8:13 AM   #12
mrb

Thank you everyone for your info!

Tullio - Which Maha charger do you have?
mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2006, 9:57 AM   #13

I'llget the model tonight when I get home. It'sa simple onethat fits 4xAA (no AAA).
Old Mar 30, 2006, 10:02 AM   #14

Instead of waiting until tonight, I checked the site I bought it from (see link below). I bought the first one on the list (MH-C204W). However, I wish I had bought the one that comes with a car adapter as well (MH-C401FS).

http://www.thomas-distributing.com/n...y-chargers.php
Old Mar 31, 2006, 8:18 PM   #15
mrb

Tullio - thanks for the reply! I think I may spend a few extra dollars for the Maha 401FS, since it appears to have independent charging circuits for each battery, which sounds like it provides batter charge to each cell. Also comes with the 12V adapter as you said. Thomas Distributing has a package for $43 with four 2500mAhPowerex cells.
mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2006, 11:54 PM   #16

I would get at least 8 batteries if I were you. The S2 drains batteries like crazy compared to the Sony H1. It's always good to have an extra set of batteries ready to go when you run out. I also carry some regular alkaline AAs just in case.
Old Apr 15, 2006, 3:03 PM   #17

Hello Guys!!!

Hope all are having fun clicking...with the begning of spring!!
Good that this topic has been started...wel after l acquring the batteries,cards etc etc..did anyone think of getting a tripod???I have been waiting to buy one..but I being an amateur..don't have much idea about tripod's. I would really appreciate if anyone can help me in getting a tripod with the given conditions:
1. I want it to be in the price range of 50-75$ ( had increased the price range after hearing to the suggestions from a member in this forum ).
2. It shoudl be sturdy and easy to carry...so that I can go places with my backpack
3. I heard a Ball head would be better for still images and the pan tilt ( correct me if I'm wrong )

Thanks for reading guys..and please take sometime to put in your suggestions.

kriss
kriss is offline   Reply With Quote