Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Mar 27, 2006, 1:30 AM   #1
mrb

I am waiting for a Canon S2 that I ordered, and I am looking at the Canon PSC-75 soft case on the internet. I looks pretty good, and should fit the camera well being a Canon product, but you can't really tell from a picture on the web. Does anyone have the Canon PSC-75 soft case for the S1/S2? Does it have a shoulder strap and/or short handles? I found it on Amazon.com for $21-$5 rebate. How does the Canon case compare to other brands?

I am also looking at SD memory cards. I found a SanDisk 2 GB Ultra II on Amazon.com for $76 after rebate. It seems like a good price. I believe the 1 GB is around $50.

Finally, I'm looking at NiMH batteries and chargers. Thomas Distributing has a Maha 204F combo including (4) 2500mAH batteries for $30. I have seen some chargers that charge each cell on an independent curcuit, such as the Maha 401FS. Is this feature worth the extra $10-15?

This stuff is new tome, so anytips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 27, 2006, 2:37 PM   #2

As for cards, I've always tended to get more low capacity cards, rather then invest in high ones I may ruin..lol

Batteries.. I bought the Enegizer set with car adapter.. a few users here have the same one.

Cases.. I have 2. I have a sling bag I take when I'm at the park, etc.. it fits snug against my back.. The other I have is a normal padded Caselogice one. Both fit with or withought my adapter on. When I have the time, I'll take actual photos of mine, but here are the cases. best fitting in my opinion.

Case logic TSC-4 (it's not as big as the photo makes it look..lol Lots of compartments for extras.. and there's a spot in back for a mini tripod.

Attached Images

vwmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2006, 2:38 PM   #3

Attached Images

Old Mar 27, 2006, 2:38 PM   #4

Attached Images

Old Mar 27, 2006, 2:40 PM   #5

This is the sling bag.. Also by caselogic.. My 2 match.. they all come in 3 colors.

This is the TSC-6
Attached Images

Old Mar 27, 2006, 9:43 PM   #6
mrb

Thanks VWMOM! I figured a loyal S2 user like yourself would have some helpful info.

Have you ever actually ruined a memory card?

BTW, some of your pics of the kids using "my colors" are really neat! I wasn't aware of what it actually did until I saw your pics!

mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2006, 9:59 PM   #7

Yes.. I ruined one of my memory sticks before.. And I loose things. My concern is having 300+ photos on a card, then loosing them all. Having a few cards, I have less chance loosing or wrecking more than one. Hopefully.
Old Mar 28, 2006, 12:08 AM   #8

I have the PSC-75. There's no soulder strap since it's meant to use the one on the camera. You can also attach it to your belt, but then it looks strange due the camera size. It's neat for taking the camera only and perhaps an extra sd card on the internal pocket, but that's it.
Here a pic, but taken with the cellphone ... sorry for the crapy quality.

/Chris

Attached Images

NombreyApellido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2006, 9:51 AM   #9

I use a Lowepro Edit 110 case for my S2. It has a carrying handle and an adjustable shoulder strap, with pouches suitable for extra memory cards, batteriesand a couple of filters. I think it's actually intended for camcorders but it fits the S2 perfectly.
Shaun Geraghty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2006, 9:32 AM   #10

Silly me, being a novice, but how do you ruin a memory card? I should get my new Canon s2 any day now. Can't wait,

tigerwings1st
tigerwings1st is offline   Reply With Quote