Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Mar 28, 2006, 10:02 PM   #1

Prior to Steve's review of the A540 I collected all the specs I could from various web reviews, Canon USA, Canon Japan and PDF files from Canon. I have seen, felt and played with several models at Circuit City and B&H Photo. I am confused! Are there two models of the A540? Specs say the LCD is 85000 pixels not 115000 and my view of it in the store seems to indicate 85000 as I felt like I was standing a foot in front of my TV looking at the shadow mask. The PDFs from Canon USA and a Call to Canon USA indicate that the A540/A700 do not support Remote shooting -RemoteCapture in ZoomBrowser. They did take this feature off the A610 which is of importance to me and one reason why I waited for the new models to upgrade. Steve does not mention anything about the LCD quality/gain etc. Does anyone have any personal hands on experience with the A540 who can correctly comment on the LCD quality/resolution and the Remote Capture capability?
Upredux is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 31, 2006, 3:09 PM   #2
TC3

Briefly held the a540 in my hands at a shop a few days ago and the LCD was not great and was rather grainy but it is no big deal to me. The LCD does gain up but you can not adjust the brightness at all. The camera is pretty feature packed and i am seriously thinking of getting one
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2006, 11:17 AM   #3
TC3

I have ordered the camera as i tried it again and the LCD is fine for what it is. Better than my previous cameras so no complaints there.

The camera is a nice size and much nicer to hold than the IXUS range which are way to small and do not offer any real manual control which would easily bore me but then again the cameras are offered for different markets i guess
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2007, 9:24 AM   #4

well, remote shooting doesn't work, and i'm quite depressed of it. paradoxly it works on 520 ! so if I would like to sell it.

Andrej.
afenik is offline   Reply With Quote