Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Apr 1, 2006, 5:02 AM   #1

Bought this for my wife, she wanted the A 610 / 620but construction too plastic "ugh we thought" what as shame not as well built as our old A 95 she used before, so this 750 is nice and small nice finish very girly .but i think its painted metal shame its paint, screen big but not enough pixels = mushy look on the screen dont thesecamera makers know or care about these problems/ faults ? but the big worry is the red shake warning is on in most photos in play mode inside with or without flash and even out doors , seems the only way to stop this warning is to zoom back to wide angle all the time , shame there are no shutter priority modes or ois , thinking of exchanging this for a Panasonic Fx 9 with ois or a camera with more adjustments .as the photos ere indeed 60 % of the time blurry, any one have the same problem or can recommened tha Fx9 or anouther small camera, dont want to get the latest canon elf with iso too expensive in the Uk and untested as yet.:roll:
rodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 3, 2006, 3:20 AM   #2

Well i changed it for her , no more shakes got thr Panasonic Fx 9, she much prefers theanti shake feature and the superb results and the camera is razor sharp compared to the ixus/ elf 750 thingy . much nicer unpixlated screen more info on it whats going on in play mode even nicer looking / finish than the canon we both think the fx 9 a perfect point and shoot compact for our 6 x 4 prints maybe the flash is a bi weaker but not by much bestmaybe is allways to try before you buy if you can !and return a camera if its not good ie Jessops uk give you 28 days to do that or a complete refundgreat service .
rodo is offline   Reply With Quote