Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Apr 21, 2006, 11:13 PM   #1

These pics are taken with Canon S3 IS check it and please leave your review or comment.
http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/pss3is/s...sample1-e.html

http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/pss3is/s...sample2-e.html

http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/pss3is/s...sample3-e.html

http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/pss3is/s...sample4-e.html
goldy_bansal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 22, 2006, 3:11 AM   #2

You have to remember these are created by professionals in situations created by them and there is no comparison. I would prefer to have a professional review rather than Canon showing me the quality.
Renegade_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2006, 3:14 AM   #3
TC3

goldy_bansal wrote:
Why did you not leave a comment???
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2006, 11:12 PM   #4

that third one is taken in Melbourne, Australia.. very interesting.. they are here !!
rainman_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2006, 10:55 PM   #5

Just saw in dpreview that they just got a S3 in yesterday and have started playing with it. I guess they will get a review done in the next few weeks. Is there any chance that Steve will get one soon?

I am holding off for a decent review.
bobkeenan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2006, 2:33 AM   #6

Renegade_R wrote:
Quote:
You have to remember these are created by professionals in situations created by them and there is no comparison. I would prefer to have a professional review rather than Canon showing me the quality.
Yea shots look nice. Again as mentioned most probably taken in ideal situations and looking at the shots it looks to me as if most decent cams today should be able to create this finish.

Yes need to see the camera working in different natural environments too.

ken

kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2006, 1:03 AM   #7

Well, from these shots (taken by Canon) I must say that I see very little (if any) improvement in picture quality over the S2. The images still lack in sharpness (at least to my test). Color saturation is verygood (but so is with S2). Now, as far as reviews are concerned, some reviewers are very much pro Canon and I find their reviews biased toward Canonproducts specially when making direct comparison with other brands. I have an S2 but unless I hear bells and whistles about the S3, I'll stick to what I have till next year.
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2006, 10:49 AM   #8

Tullio wrote:
Quote:
Well, from these shots (taken by Canon) I must say that I see very little (if any) improvement in picture quality over the S2. The images still lack in sharpness (at least to my test). Color saturation is verygood (but so is with S2). Now, as far as reviews are concerned, some reviewers are very much pro Canon and I find their reviews biased toward Canonproducts specially when making direct comparison with other brands. I have an S2 but unless I hear bells and whistles about the S3, I'll stick to what I have till next year.

I agree with you. I plan on keeping my S2 for a little while.

Tullio - Could you e-mail me. I have a few questions about the S2 and Sony VCL DH 1758 converter.

Thanks

Will
bkstyl is offline   Reply With Quote