Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old May 10, 2006, 4:59 AM   #11

According to your exif you are using pattern metering. i would suggestusing centre weighted metering or eve spot metering. The cam is avaergaing out exposure ov er the entire image which in this case is mainly occupied by th ebright sky. Or like suggested use +1 etc ev to bring up image in total

basic levels adjustment, hope u dont mind
Attached Images

kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2006, 9:34 AM   #12

You sure made my picture look better. I tried to fix it with "fill flash" in photoshop but it did not work as well as your fix. Thanks for all the advice everyone, I will have to experiment with these solutions.
nboerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2006, 2:14 PM   #13

nboerner wrote:
Quote:
You sure made my picture look better. I tried to fix it with "fill flash" in photoshop but it did not work as well as your fix. Thanks for all the advice everyone, I will have to experiment with these solutions.

all i did was use shadows andhighlights in image adjustments. set shadows to 50% and ths brought back all thedetail in the dark areas.
Old May 10, 2006, 4:00 PM   #14

Did you do that with the S2 Is or a photo editing program?
nboerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2006, 9:30 PM   #15

using photoshop

when you take images like tht i would suggest using centre weighted metering. this means tht the camera will focus on correctly exposing anything within the centre sqaure. in this case ur subject. U should get similar results to the edit

Or you can use exposure compensation. this will increase/decrease exposure bvaluie for any situation the camera meters by a certain value. eg. 1ev. play around with it so you come to grips how much compensation there is

ken
Old May 10, 2006, 10:10 PM   #16

说实在的,很同意dunhill的看法,如果 作调整的话是一个很好的摄影作品。 光影效果明显,小*儿的姿态也好。 *成面部偏暗的原*主要在于主体逆光 且在整个构图*所*比例偏小,自动 模式的测光*法对面部这一小块地方* 确把握。解决方法:在逆光的时候用P 模式,强行打开闪光灯补光。不过, *可能到没有了很好的摄影效果。但 ,要是为了作为**的纪念要把连拍 清楚,那就只有这*做了。
sunnyplanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2006, 11:54 PM   #17

sunnyplanet wrote:
Quote:
说实在的,很同意dunhill的看法,如果 作调整的话是一个很好的摄影作品。 光影效果明显,小*儿的姿态也好。 *成面部偏暗的原*主要在于主体逆光 且在整个构图*所*比例偏小,自动 模式的测光*法对面部这一小块地方* 确把握。解决方法:在逆光的时候用P 模式,强行打开闪光灯补光。不过, *可能到没有了很好的摄影效果。但 ,要是为了作为**的纪念要把连拍 清楚,那就只有这*做了。

what does this say ^^^^
Old May 11, 2006, 8:34 AM   #18
Administrator

Google Translation from http://www.google.com/translate_t

"To tell the truth, agree with the views dunhill, if not adjusted, then is a good photography. Effect visible light, gesture or child abuse. The main reason is because the cause facial Pianan main reversed light and the entire composition in small proportion, the mode of automatic meter unable to face the pockets correctly. Solution : a time in reversed light P model forced open the metal-ray. However, this may not have a good photo to the results. However, if a child to the Memorial to Lianpai clear that the only way to do it."

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2006, 8:38 AM   #19
Administrator

sunnyplanet

It would be much better if you responded in English, as most of our posters do not comprehend Chinese (and available online translators often leave a lot to be desired).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2006, 2:02 PM   #20

hmm i think i understand the chinese version more than the english version

no idea wat hes on about

child abuse????