Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Apr 25, 2003, 1:44 PM   #1

Default Another Canon A70 question!!!

I have a Canon A70 and have been playing around with its functions, what my question is, is that when i'm using the camera's movie mode it seems to pick up a lot of background noise, it seems like a constant hum. I would like to hear from your experiences with this camera when recording movies.

Do you guys get complete silence if in a room with no audible noise??

If anyone has any links to movies be it their own or whatever so that I can compare I would be grateful.

Also and I've heard this before, the LCD screen sometimes has a few horizontal lines going across whilst zooming and I think maybe when focusing. I've heard that this is to do with EMI of the motor. Does everyone experience this or is it just me? Or am I going to have to send it back for a replacment.

Thanks in advance!

P.S I've only had it a few hours and the batteries are dead I need a charger. :lol:
MasterShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 26, 2003, 6:19 AM   #2

There is a very good A70 review on dcresource.com and will answer some of your questions. It also has a video clip that is high resolution, although it is not in a quiet room.

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/ca...ew/index.shtml

Good luck.
sambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2003, 8:10 PM   #3

I saw where you made another post and mentioned that you hadn't resolved this issue. I took the A70 into a dead quiet room and recorded about 7 seconds in hi res. I hadn't noticed it before, but I get exactly what you describe...a constant and steady noise.
Hope this helps.
Old Apr 28, 2003, 8:11 PM   #4

I saw where you made another post and mentioned that you hadn't resolved this issue. I took the A70 into a dead quiet room and recorded about 7 seconds in hi res. I hadn't noticed it before, but I get exactly what you describe...a constant and steady noise.
Hope this helps.