Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old May 3, 2003, 5:51 AM   #11

It can be dust particles highlighted by the flash or light from side on causing lens flare... just a thought, or even dust on the lens
gaz63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2003, 2:48 AM   #12

Those bubbles are multi element reflections that are picked up by the camera. Think about when your eyes water in the dark and looking at a light--streaking and reflection. Same thing, just the bouncing of light (it is very fast), being picked up by the camera.
goodbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2003, 8:12 AM   #13

are or can these bubbles also be found in the canon S45 pics ??????
twelve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2003, 11:09 AM   #14

Default Re : Buble problem on Auto

I found to have the same problem when I took a shot of the sky at dusk with the camera on auto. so I set the camera to P mode and took
the same picture again (with the white balance setings to cloudy in P mode) and guess what no bubbles ...

I just find that the Auto on the camera does not always bring out the pictures in the way that I want them to come out. Cause I found that the flash over exposes sometimes.
Armand Theron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2003, 3:15 PM   #15

I have the a60 and I've have only 2 shots out of the 600MB worth of shots I've taken with these "bubbles"

I have concluded that they are dust particles or they are water droplets.

When I took the pictures I came from the outside while it was spitting out with rain. Water droplets could of easily been on the lens when I took the pictures.

Now in the pictures with the bikers, it is raining. The "bubbles" there could be raindrops with the flash reflecting off of them at a certain angle (look at the jacket and the bubbles, seems to be same effect)

*shrug* Those are just my thoughts though.
Gimli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2003, 7:01 AM   #16

maybe you have been taking pictures of bubbles? Hey, if thats what you enjoy. Whatever gets you off..
dom277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2003, 10:00 PM   #17

Bubbles?

Sayuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2003, 8:30 PM   #18

Default nasty bubbles and flares in canon a70

I, too, have noticed 'bubbles' in my pictures. Yes typically in flash pictures. But also daylight piccies there are unsavoury bright reflections in the lens that cause bright spots and bubbles.

I would like to know :
- if this is a problem with the canon a70 in particular ( ie did the a40 do that too)...
- if this happens with most digicams
- if this is covered by the guarantee as I find that pants and I cannot believe that a decent company like canon could make such a mess of their lens!
- what can be done about it otherwise.

This is what I do know about reducing the effects in daylight so far.... use telephoto and do not use 2.8 aperture but more like 4.5. This impedes bouncing light a little. I have read that the a70 may not have had the sames lens treatment that the a40 had.

This is such a shame as the camera is excellent bar that detail, but it is a VERY important detail. Had I known I would have considered another camera. I would love to get it sorted and praise canon instead.

xlfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2003, 3:14 AM   #19

I own the A70 and have AS YET not noticed any bubbles

stef
stefank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2003, 7:21 AM   #20

Default lens flaring

Simply put the canon has lens flare. This produces coronas, bright portions of light here and there visible under high contrast situations in particular.

Check these sites:

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/ca...ew/index.shtml

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/A70/A70A.HTM

I would like a solution.
xlfix is offline   Reply With Quote