Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jun 5, 2006, 4:19 PM   #1

Well I have had my Ixus 50 (SD400) for just one week and am experiencing intermittent memory card errors. I am using a Transcend 1 gig SD card. The problem seems to happen when I have taken about 90 or so pics, I start getting "unidentified image" and "no image" messages when I view my pics on the LCD screen, and "memory card error" when I try and take a photo. It works fine when I use the original 16mb card that came with the camera

After reading a lot of other posts on here and on the internet in general it seems as though this is a common problem with Canons. I am very disappointed. I am going to try and get a replacement card but I am worried that I am now stuck with a dodgy camera that I will never have any confidence in.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? Canon don't have any updated firmware to address this issue.

Any help would be appreciated!
Boosted is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 6, 2006, 1:20 PM   #2

maybe a stupid question, but have you formatted the card? I have also heard that some camera's not only Canon brand have problems with larger SD cards. I have a 512mb card in my SD400 and have never had a problem.
Caboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2006, 4:17 PM   #3

Hi Caboose,

thanks for the reply. Yes I have tried formatting the card on several occasions (in the camera) which seems to work at first, but then I encounter the same problem again after taking a few photos.

What brand of 512mb card are you using at the moment?
Boosted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2006, 9:58 PM   #4

Boosted wrote:
Quote:
Hi Caboose,

thanks for the reply. Yes I have tried formatting the card on several occasions (in the camera) which seems to work at first, but then I encounter the same problem again after taking a few photos.

What brand of 512mb card are you using at the moment?
I use a SanDisk 512, and I also have a SanDisk 256mb, for backup just in case.
Caboose is offline   Reply With Quote