Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jun 11, 2006, 2:46 AM   #1

Just recieved come batteries for my canon s500 today from ebay. When i put the battery in, it doesn't stay in (snap in) to the little orange coloured thing that holds the battery in. So i just closed the door, and that forces the battery to stay in. Is this okay? could it damage my battery door? Or is there not enough force to do any damage? it seems as if it would be okay, but i'm not sure. any advice?

Apples123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 11, 2006, 6:19 AM   #2

my thoughts, if it don't fit, don't force it. It sounds like these are not the correct battery replacement to me. If you also check out the used camera market on ebay you will find a whole lot of them with broken battery doors.
Caboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2006, 10:26 AM   #3

thanks Caboose,

i looked closely, and the new battery is just slightly longer than the original. I got ot from a reputable replacement battery dealer which has been mentioned on these forums before. The battery is powerful, but the reason i am hesitant to return them is because i am going to have alot of events coming up in the days/weeks to come, and need alot of battereis, and can't really wait for other ones to be shipped to me.
Apples123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2006, 9:13 PM   #4

well I understand your delima with not enough time to replace them. I would just be very careful with the battery door. I just bought a replacement battery for my SD400 and looked at several non canon batteries, but then went with the canon brand.
Caboose is offline   Reply With Quote