Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old May 11, 2003, 2:47 PM   #1

Default Just about ready to buy a .... Fuji FinePix s602 (!!)

I've been wanting to replace my Sony DSCP50 for quite some time now, and after some research, I wound up narrowing my choices down to the Canon G3 vs. the Fuji s602. For various reasons (video capabilities, zoom, etc.), I decided on the s602. I've come to this forum because I know that the G3 is a great camera, and I wanted to hear some opinions from the "other side" about why my decision to go with the Fuji might be the wrong one. I know most of you here are biased towards Canon since this is a Canon forum, but the same goes for the Fuji forum, so I'm interested in hearing what both sides have to say.

For reference, if you've never heard of the s602, here's a link:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2002_...uji_s602z.html

Thanks for your help!
aguado is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 11, 2003, 3:07 PM   #2

Dunno if this is a dumb question, but how does the Fuji get an effective image size of 6mp from a 3.1mp CCD?
proze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2003, 3:56 PM   #3

From what I read the S602 is a great camera, but I think its long due an upgrade. I also was looking into the S602, but couldn't justify the cost for just a 3.1 MP camera. So I purchased the A70 and like it very much. Next year I plan to buy a little nicer camera, like the G3 or its replacement, when it comes out. But Im not stuck on buying a Canon. If fuji upgrades the S602, I would also consider that, but I heard Fujifilm slowed production of digital cameras. That seems weird to me being that more digital cameras are being sold now than ever before. Anyway I like the A70 so much that my next camera probably would be a Canon.
PSknr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2003, 5:09 PM   #4
NHL

Quote:
Dunno if this is a dumb question, but how does the Fuji get an effective image size of 6mp from a 3.1mp CCD?
Not really... by interpolation, but the layout of their individual photosite also help. BTW all camera interpolate from their individual sensors which are really monochrome (ie RGB or complementary color) to a combined 3-color pixel. On the Fuji it just creates twice the number of pixels from the same may be offset sensors.

http://www.fujifilm.com/JSP/fuji/epa...SuperCCD_1.pdf
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote