Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jul 12, 2006, 9:38 AM   #1

Here is a question for the technical people on the forum.

I know that the Macro/Super Macro button allows you to focus closer but how does it actually do this? Is there a change of the position of the elements in the lens or?, is another lens bought into play? or what ???

I have tried several forums and so far nobody seems to know as I haven't had any answers.

Thank John
jacom70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 13, 2006, 4:10 AM   #2

I can't answer your question, but you'll probably be more likely to get an answer if you post it so people can actually read it. Yellow on white is nearly impossible to read!
DaveLundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2006, 1:15 PM   #3

Is this any better ?

On my2 computers this page displays as yellow on black background using either Firefox or Internet Explorer thats why I posted in yellow (no white available)

I have reposted the question again

Here is a question for the technical minded people on the forum.

I know that the Macro/Super Macro button allows you to focus closer but how does it actually do this? Is there a change of the position of the elements in the lens or?, is another lens bought into play? or what ???

I have tried several forums and so far nobody seems to know as I haven't had any answers.

Thank John
jacom70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2006, 1:54 PM   #4

Sorry I don't know the answer to your question, however your second post was black text on a black background...so that is worse!
fullerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2006, 3:17 PM   #5

Final try in grey,

Am I the only one having trouble with the colour of text in messages. My colours all looked OK when I type then preview them. In my browser on this and my other computer this site defaults to black background and black text and I can't find white in the drop down menus.

Here is a question for the technical minded people on the forum.

Thank John
pixmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2006, 3:44 PM   #6

As far as I am aware macro mode simply switches the Autofocus algorithm ,the computer code that controls the focus of the lens, to code that expects the focus to be at very close range, enabling more control and precise ability to resolve the extremly closetarget into a sharp usable image.

Depending on the camera it may also force the aperature wider to gather more light and tweak the possible power of the flash if it is to be used, to try to stop any burnout of the imagewhen the flash is fired at close range.

Sintares is offline   Reply With Quote