Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jul 12, 2006, 4:59 PM   #1

I've reinstalled the software, I've restarted, I've tried various USB ports. It doesn't work. :?
Dans is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 12, 2006, 8:58 PM   #2

Could you elaborate a little more, please? What operating system are you using, have you tried other USB devices in the same ports, etc.

Dans wrote:
Quote:
I've reinstalled the software, I've restarted, I've tried various USB ports. It doesn't work. :?
flippedgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2006, 9:49 PM   #3

Indeed, what OS ?

XP for example should recognise any camera set to PTP mode without even bothering about drivers..

If not Xp then what OS and in what order did you install the drivers and connect the camera ?

For example , Win98 was very picky about the order this was done in, connect before installing could totally foul up things up.

Sintares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2006, 10:29 AM   #4

I use XP Home. I hook up my iPod to the same port all the time, so I don't know what is wrong. Well there aren't really any drivers. The camera would automatically upload the pictures to my PC using the provided software.
Old Jul 14, 2006, 11:28 PM   #5

Anyone?
Old Jul 15, 2006, 8:50 AM   #6

Sorry, this seems like a tough nut to crack... I've never used the Canon software - I just pop the SD card into my card reader.

Have you tried installing the software on another PC to see if it will recognize the camera?

flippedgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2006, 1:56 AM   #7

I am with you on this. My PC see's the camera and so does third party software, but the canon supplied software says the the camera is not connected, connect and try again. Well i gave up spent to many long nights trying to get it to work. Now Using a card reader and Photoshop. I would like to get it to work to use the additional software. Anybody got any thoughts on why?

Using Xp Home, all updated.
gazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2006, 12:20 PM   #8

Anyonewho has the problem with Zoombrowser, try this link
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=15
Sehlberg give us the superb adviseon how to fix this problem.

Thanks a lot Sehlberg
SuperLek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2006, 2:29 PM   #9

The best solution, run down and pick up a card reader for about $20. It uploads faster, saves wear and tear on your battery, and takes the camera out of the upload process.
Caboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2006, 3:20 PM   #10

I see this is a very old thread, but since I just had this sort of problem and solved it with the help of Canon Support, maybe the info will be of help to somebody else"

"There is an OS service added with the new ZoomBrowser software called Canon Camera Access Library. This allows the camera to communicate with the software properly. Follow these steps to ensure the service is setup to start properly:

1. Click on START and then RUN.

2. In the dialog box type in SERVICES.MSC

3. Press ENTER or click on OK.

4. Right click on Canon Camera Access Library service and choose PROPERTIES. The Canon Camera Access Library service startup must be set on Automatic.

5. Next click on the DEPENDENCIES tab; you will see that the service is depending on 2 services of the operating system: SSDP Discovery Service and WIA. Check to ensure that those are set to automatic. If any of these two are disabled, Canon service won't start and you won't be able to use ZoomBrowser to download images from camera to your system.

6. Restart your computer."

I wasn't sure what to do about step number 5, so asked for more info. The reply:

Yes, if you right click the service you will be able to select START. To ensure the SSDP and WIA services are enabled, exit the Properties for the Canon Camera Access Library and locate these services in the listing. Ensure the status is set to Automatic and they are started."

My problem was solved.
kendp is offline   Reply With Quote