Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jul 12, 2006, 7:30 PM   #1

i recently bought Canon a620. I am not able to decide which memory card should i buy...i am a casual user and using the digital camera for the first time.i would like to buya 2 gb card. on websites i found few cheap 2 gb cardslik pqi, a dataetc. i dont kno if these are compatible with 620 specially pqi...or i should go for expensive cards like sandisk ultra..i would like to have greater speed bt definitly not very costly though i still have not finalised my budget..i just wanna go for a gooddeal with balanced quality and price aspects..is ebay a secure way to buy memories...anyone using A620 please advice...

thanks
shakti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 12, 2006, 8:12 PM   #2

I picked up MicroCenter's store brand 60x 2GB SD card and don't have any complaints. Any 2GB SD card should work fine, if it doesn't you can RMA it. I think 2GB cards are standard compliant, it's just the 4GB ones that have to use some kind of non-standard tricks to work.

edit: oh, some of those less expensive brands you mentioned might actually be a lot FASTER than some more well known brand name ones. I don't know how fast a card needs to be for the A620, maybe somebody else can answer that. I would guess that with the slowest ones maybe there could be a problem with 640x480 movies, or maybe a longer delay between shots when taking pictures. I do know for sure that if you want to transfer a bunch of photos to your PC faster is better.
critofur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2006, 8:23 PM   #3

thanks for the reply...bt the problm is that i would be returning to india soon so i wont b abl to return card in case i buy a wrong one..so in any case i have just one chance ..i found about incompatibilities on some forums (specially with pqi)...how about transcend? is that compatible? thanks
shakti is offline   Reply With Quote