Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jul 16, 2006, 8:12 PM   #1

Hi all,

New member and I hate to have to introduce myself by way of a problem that I hope I can get some help with. In the process of turning it on today the wife had held the camera's lenscap against her hand and did not realize it - it then stopped powering up with the lens in a semi-open position (ie. not fully extended). It also powered down.

Now, it refuses to power back up and I've not found any help in the manual or the Canon web help section...

Hoping that there may be some other solution that some of you could suggest or know of!

Much appreciation in advance,
C.K.
CKLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 17, 2006, 12:19 AM   #2

I'm not that familiar with the G6, but some people in a similar situation have had some success by removing the batteries completely from the camera for up to 24 hours, recharging them and then reinserting the batteries. You can give this a try if you don't get any better suggestions from anyone else. Good luck.
propwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2006, 9:55 AM   #3

Well at this point its as good a suggestion as any... I'll give that a try. I'm sensing a very near-future visit to the repair centre though... thanks Hope it works!

CK
CKLee is offline   Reply With Quote