Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 20, 2006, 2:36 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
hercules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sparta, Greece
Posts: 2,649
Default

Ok i resized them lets see if this works, just 4 pictures right out of the camera, the picture with the 350D i took in my house i could have went a higher ISO but i wanted to leave it close to the A620.
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 20, 2006, 3:40 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default

Now I seeone livingroom shot andone !!!
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2006, 3:53 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
hercules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sparta, Greece
Posts: 2,649
Default

Ok i hope i fixed it now, let me know.
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2006, 4:03 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,974
Default

Looking at your exif information I see 2.8 aperture vs. 3.5 between the 620 and Rebel XT for indoor shot.Shows flash used in 620 and not Rebel XT. F4 - 620 and F10 - Rebel XT,in your shot comparisons for outdoor.

Also, the 350 is showing at 72 dpi and the 620 is at 180 dpi. These are by the camera defaults so I guess to compare straight from the camera is what you were after.


The outdoor shot by the Rebel XT is better and the indoor shot with the 620 is better.

I won't say that this is a true comaparison by far. Try it with the aperture, iso, flash or no flash the same.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2006, 4:08 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
hercules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sparta, Greece
Posts: 2,649
Default

vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
Looking at your exif information I could not see if you used the same aperture for both cameras. Also,whether you used flash or not with your indoor shots.

Also, the 350 is showing at 72 dpi and the 620 is at 180 dpi. These are by the camera defaults so I guess to compare straight from the camera is what you were after.
They where all taken in P mode and no flash, i do see myself is that the outside shot the 350D has better colour, and the inside shot although it's darker it looks more lively.
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2006, 4:14 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
hercules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sparta, Greece
Posts: 2,649
Default

vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
Looking at your exif information I see 2.8 aperture vs. 3.5 between the 620 and Rebel XT for indoor shot.Shows flash used in 620 and not Rebel XT. F4 - 620 and F10 - Rebel XT,in your shot comparisons for outdoor.

Also, the 350 is showing at 72 dpi and the 620 is at 180 dpi. These are by the camera defaults so I guess to compare straight from the camera is what you were after.


The outdoor shot by the Rebel XT is better and the indoor shot with the 620 is better.

I won't say that this is a true comaparison by far. Try it with the aperture, iso, flash or no flash the same.
No i just checked flash was off on both.
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2006, 4:46 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default

And here'smy verdict: I find Rebel XT to be superior both for indoors and for outdoors, for one can detect more detail and colour accuracy regarding bothindoor and outdoorresults from XT.BTW, wasit the kit lens on it?

Anyway, I could say that it will be wise to keep your Rebel XT which I am also considering to buy for two good reasons. One is the clean high ISO results whichis very helpful for Museum or similarplaces where youare not expected to bring your tripod.Second is the high aperture values which enable you to capture only the movements even in daytime without blown areas, likethe mystic wave movements on the sea surface. Oh, and additionally for the absolutely clear blue skies which remain noise free even after some post processing..

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2006, 4:54 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
hercules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sparta, Greece
Posts: 2,649
Default

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
And here'smy verdict: I find Rebel XT to be superior both for indoors and for outdoors, for one can detect more detail and colour accuracy regarding bothindoor and outdoorresults from XT.BTW, wasit the kit lens on it?

Anyway, I could say that it will be wise to keep your Rebel XT which I am also considering to buy for two good reasons. One is the clean high ISO results whichis very helpful for Museum or similarplaces where youare not expected to bring your tripod.Second is the high aperture values which enable you to capture only the movements even in daytime without blown areas, likethe mystic wave movements on the sea surface. Oh, and additionally for the absolutely clear blue skies which remain noise free even after some post processing.
Yes it was the kit lens, can't wait to get the 17-85IS bahadir,
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2006, 4:56 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,974
Default

The Rebel XT would be for me as far as getting the best shots when you can carry the gear around.

The Canon 620 is a great P&S and try using it in My Colors using Positive Film.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2006, 5:12 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
hercules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sparta, Greece
Posts: 2,649
Default

vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
The Rebel XT would be for me as far as getting the best shots when you can carry the gear around.

The Canon 620 is a great P&S and try using it in My Colors using Positive Film.
Yes the A620 is a great camera, but all you really need with the rebel is just a couple good lenses i don't have a problem carrying the 350D around it's not heavy at all. Oh just took 2 more of the living room same arpature with flash on 620 ISO 50 and 350D ISO 100.
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 7:32 AM.