Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jul 25, 2006, 10:08 AM   #1

Hey all,

I plan to purchase a Canon SD600 in the near future, and I was wondering about the soft cases for them. Are these cases included with the cameras or do they have to be bought seperately, if so, where can I buy them?
Morag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 25, 2006, 1:01 PM   #2

Canon PSC-90. Fits like a glove and doesnt add any size at all to the camera. Nice leather too. About 25-20 bucks street price.
adamjs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2006, 6:42 PM   #3

I bought a great case for my SD600 on e-bay. It is made of a thick leather that offers some protection. It's great looking and attaches to your belt if you want. I love it.

The case comes from England. I received it quickly. The price is not bad either at $16.

Here's a link to the item I bought. Even though it says it's for the SD450, the fit is good because the SD450 and 600 are the same size.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Semi-hard-Leathe...QQcmdZViewItem
eurosteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2006, 8:59 PM   #4

Hmm, thanks for the tips. I'm hoping to find one that fits the camera like a glove, this camera is going to be in my pocket, so adding much size to it defeats the purpose of buying a small one.
Old Jul 26, 2006, 5:37 AM   #5

I debated getting the PSC-90 but after looking at it I concluded that it only provided dust protection. But it is very thin and light. The case I bought fits the camera exactly but it does add some thickness due to the thickness of the leather. You could put it in your pocket but you would notice the extra thickness. I opted for the little bit of protection that the thicker leather offers because of all of the talk about how delicate the LCD screens may be. There was all of this talk about cracked LCD screens. It is also a very cool case with a nice design. Well made - you can just smell the leather - like a new pair of shoes.
eurosteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2006, 1:27 PM   #6

Hmm, I wasn't thinking about how delicate the LCD screens are... my main camera has an electronic viewfinder, so all LCD functions can be done on the viewfinder... well I'll look around I guess.

eurosteve wrote:
Quote:
I debated getting the PSC-90 but after looking at it I concluded that it only provided dust protection. But it is very thin and light. The case I bought fits the camera exactly but it does add some thickness due to the thickness of the leather. You could put it in your pocket but you would notice the extra thickness. I opted for the little bit of protection that the thicker leather offers because of all of the talk about how delicate the LCD screens may be. There was all of this talk about cracked LCD screens. It is also a very cool case with a nice design. Well made - you can just smell the leather - like a new pair of shoes.