Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old May 20, 2003, 3:14 PM   #11

skepticism gets you nowhere.

office max sold out of the s200. company policy is to replace sold out items(s200) with similar priced item. In this case it would be the a70. I frequent a hot deals forum and this deal has been posted for the current sale at OM (5/18-5/24).

I will not let negative nancy's bring me down.

Happy image capturing.
eyemthatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2003, 9:08 PM   #12

The proof is in the pudding...

The following quoted exerpt was taken directly from OfficeMax's website. Aside from a little (perhaps) copyright infringement I see no wording of "replace with like item" or anything near that saying. Please give us the exact URL where you found it!

--OfficeMax--

"Q: What happens if I order an out-of-stock item?

Answer:
In some instances, products listed in the OfficeMax.com catalog may be temporarily out of stock. If that happens, the available items in your order will be shipped immediately and any backordered items will be delivered as soon as possible.

Backordered items will be held for seven business days and you will be contacted with a shipping date if we are able to fill your order. If after seven days we are unable to complete your order, we will notify you that we are canceling the order."

Looks like my order would be canceled in this case.
CanonGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2003, 10:59 PM   #13

you make me laugh. little did i know trying to help people I would be faced with such a non believer.

heres the link to a scan of the internal document.

page1. 2nd item canon s200

http://www.realmud.com/OMAX/5-18-200...NER_PG1of1.jpg

any more questions?
Old May 21, 2003, 9:14 PM   #14

Default more help please

Hello,
thank you to the member who posted about the OfficeMax deal. however, I have been searching the web for hours in an attempt to try and purchase the A70 camera with the deal you mentioned ... but with no luck. when i visit the OfficeMax website there are no Canon DC's of any model shown for sale. i have searched countless "coupon" sites searching for a mention of the deal - but still nothing. would you be willing to provide step-by-step instructions on how i can purchase the camera as you describe ? it would be much appreciated.
thank you in advance,
Brian
vik474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2003, 1:00 AM   #15

http://forums.anandtech.com/messagev...readid=1053101

here is a link to someone who actually did this deal. I chose a different camera for my mom because of some reviews I read. Anywho, I should have posted this link (and the one that started it all at the same URL) from the beginning. I apologize to all who have spent time trying to get this deal or trying to prove I was full of shit.
Old May 22, 2003, 5:20 AM   #16

i was also thinkin of buyin these cameras , but i wanted to no that are they metal bodied cameras or plastic
aman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2003, 9:25 AM   #17

I don't want to turn this thread into a hot deals site or anything, but I did just get the a70 camera from officemax with a dazzle reader, 128 MB lexar CF, and a CD wallet for $216 total (not including a $6 MIR).

See the link provided above for details.
frogster220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2003, 4:55 PM   #18

This is a huge urban myth.

I looked for and read the AnandTech thread. It looks like many tried to purchase the A70 and then it was immediately put on backorder. Many struck out. Those orders will more than likely be cancelled and will never get it.

The lowest price I have seen is around $285. No one is this stupid to sell a digicam below the wholesale price of $250!! Come-on! Looks like you got a steal from some unwitted cashier or something.
CanonGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2003, 2:44 PM   #19

Default S45

There is no way an S45 costs $799. Are you talking American dollars? I bought one at a local store for about $480 American. Better check those price quotes.
BigSac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2003, 10:11 PM   #20

I have only had my canon a70 for 5 days, but I love it.There is still things I haven't tried out though.It is pretty easy to use, but the manual is so thick it will scare you to death at first.I can't comment on the other camera you mentioned. I plan on trying the movie mode this weekend. One thing ,it loves the batteries.I am going to get rechargables.I bought my canon online and had it in 3 days.$279, no shipping charge at buydig.com.My order was perfect :lol:
Tweety14 is offline   Reply With Quote