Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jul 27, 2006, 9:54 PM   #1

I am happy with this camera. Though my A70 seems to have brighter and crispier pictures, unless you have the SD700 on vivid mode, I'm happy with what it can do specially the 16x w/ image stabilizer and taking a picture of a green orchid with all background in black, etc. All special features seems to work ok.Unfortunately, the LCD scratches easy and I don't know if there is anything that can be done about it. I 'm using the special leather case that came with the extra battery I purchased.

Does anybody know what to do with this?
Pogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 28, 2006, 9:41 PM   #2

If you already got some scratches it is too late to do anything about them but you can buy a press on peel off periodically replaceable transparent protective film to prevent getting more scratches.

I got something else, a rigid plastic shield (size T1 from Daproducts.com ) that sticks to the frame around the LCD using double stick tape (provided).

ajaynejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2006, 11:08 PM   #3

Actually I found out today that they are not scratches. Its the layer on top of the glass???(i don't know what it is called) that is starting to come off as it brusches against the side of the leather case I am using. Incidentally, I am using a Canon leather case intended for the SD700is w/c has a rough material inside and that is what is rubbing against the LCD. I brought to the warranty depot this PM and they ordered the part to replace it. I would have been happier if Canon would replace it sisnce I bought it only last July 5.
Pogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2006, 4:11 PM   #4

the best think to do is put one of these screen protectors on

http://www.martinfields.co.uk/dis_pr...n%20Ixus%20700

they are the best in my opinion i have used them on all my pda's and phones now you can get them for cameras they actually improve colours and last scratch free for ages no glue should be on commision.
r6yammy is offline   Reply With Quote