Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Aug 11, 2006, 10:47 PM   #1

I have a new SD700. Whenever you pick up the camera by putting your right thumb on the battery door, the cover makes a slight clicking noise. The spring in the door hinge tends to push the door down (away from the camera body), but when you pick up the camera your thumb naturally squeezes the door closed, which makes a slight clicking sound. Is this common to most SD700s, or is mine worse more than most? Thanks.
NoFocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 12, 2006, 1:23 PM   #2

I don't have that camera, so I can't tell you if yours is normal or not. I did have a similar problem witha different device. The battery cover was just a little loose. I was able to take up the slack by putting a very thin strip of black plastic electrical tape on the main housing against which the battery door would rest when it was closed. This did the trick, and there were no more rattles. You might want to give this a try. If you don't like the results, you can always remove the tape. Good luck.
propwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 2:17 PM   #3

I think it is designed that way. You have to depress the battery compartment door to slide it open. What may be happening is you are feeling that slight give in the door. Hope that makes sense, and yes, I own an SD700 IS.
waltm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2006, 7:20 PM   #4

My SD700 doesn't do that. The battery door is nice and snug. In fact, the build quality is outstanding for my needs.

Jay

jaybo25 is offline   Reply With Quote