Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old May 21, 2003, 3:40 PM   #1

Default Canon A60/A70 lenses

Anyone know who, other than canon, makes the adapter and telephoto add-on lenses for these models?

I've looked at Tiffen.com and they have it for the older a40 series but doesn't say wether or not they would work for the a60/70.

When I am out and about the 2.4x telephoto for my a60 would definately come in handy

Though am I right to asume the 3x optical with the 2.4x telephoto on it would make it roughly a 7.2x optical zoom??

The adapter for the A60/70 is model: LA-DC52C, now I've gone to the camera shop I work at and they have the LA-DC52B which is slightly smaller ring which doesn't fit. I'm guessing that could be for the older series?

Thanx for any info
Gimli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 22, 2003, 5:40 PM   #2

Default lenses

Yep the 52B is for the A30/A40. The 52C is the only one for the A60/A70. Im not sure if you can get lenses by alternative companies other than Canon; maybe? And I don't know if they would they work as well as the Canon ones anyway.
I got the adaptor and wide and tele lenses the other day. Very satisfied; crystal clear and they both work with the zoom to a limited extent, though there is a little distortion at the edges at the wide end of the wideangle lens. The wide lens will give you a 35mm equivalent optical zoom range of 24--(approx)70mm, and the telephoto gives from (approx)180--250mm. Combine this with the cameras standard built-in zoom of 35--105mm, and theres plenty of range there. If you use a tripod or beanbag to keep the camera dead-still and turn on the digital zoom, you can get decent shots with the tele lens now operating at over 500mm, theoretically up to 750mm but the quality will start to drop off here. How many other digital compacts can you do this with?
dom277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2003, 6:43 PM   #3
SSD

Hi,
www.bhphotovideo.com sells the 52C adaptor for the a60/70 for $19.95. The only problem is they are out of stock. If you look it up on their site, you can give them your email and they will notify you when it is back in stock. I have done this before for several items including my fuji S602 adaptor ring.
SSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2003, 4:51 PM   #4

Thanx for the info
Gimli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2003, 2:14 PM   #5

Heres a link to some pics that I shot with and without the Canon Tele-converter attached to my A70.

http://www.pbase.com/psknr/a70_teleconverter
PSknr is offline   Reply With Quote