Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Aug 24, 2006, 2:58 AM   #1

Just bought an A620. Opened the box at home and noticed that half of the LCD had a slightly different resolution ( it was a little more pixellated ). After about 10 minutes of photography the screen started flickering ... and immediately half of the LCD turned totally WHITE !!!

After shutting down the camera and restarting the problem was temporaririly resolved only to resurface after 10 minutes :-( With half the LCD not functioing, its impossible to change the settings ... saving grace is that if I do all the settings within 10 mins I can use the optical viewfinder to take decent pictures ... luckily the pictures come out OK even when the LCD has turned WHITE.

Looking for some advice here ...

Has anyone experienced this before ?

Is it only an issue with the LCD or the whole camera ?

Will Canon change the LCD for free if I take it to one of their service centers ?

udyand is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 25, 2006, 5:05 PM   #2

This is a of course a defect and should be rectified free of cost by Canon since you are well within the warranty period.:-)
Kamal Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2006, 2:05 AM   #3

Thanks for the advice !!!

Just wonder if buying the A620 was a prudent choice ... maybe I should have stuck with Olympus ( my first digital camera brand ).:idea:

Anyways i do hope Canon gets me a free LCD replacement ... unlikely that i'll return to Canon in future though. :O
udyand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2006, 12:47 PM   #4

Did your Prob get resolved by canon?

The A 620 is a great camera, so go ahead and enjoy it.

Plz remember that defects do happen, that is why there are things such as warraties etc.

Canon does not have a higher defect rate compared to the other camera mfrs,

so do not plz judge them by your unfortunate initial experience;on the other hand ,they know more about photography than most, and hence able to offer outstanding products.

Plz also keep in mind that digitals with their compactness and high degree of automation are delicate things, so take care of your camera.

Cheers!
Kamal Hans is offline   Reply With Quote