Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Sep 7, 2006, 7:07 PM   #1

What is the difference between the new Casio*Exilim Zoom EX-Z70 and the new*EX-S770?* I know one is thinner but I can't really find the spec that is*different.* Any input would be great. The Z70 is less expensive. But the S770 has a better movie mode and larger LCD.Anything else?Thanks
taxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 7, 2006, 10:22 PM   #2

The S770 has new feature which I like. It has the data storage function. Which means you can store maps, information about the city, the resort and other info that you can download from the internetto your camera. Very useful when traveling. Download hotel and resort room price per night, car rental priceandmost of them will honor the discounted price.This camera is very important for real estate people or peoplelooking for a new house or condo because of this feature. It is slimmer than the Z70. Otherwise, they are almost the same except the price. Opps, I forgot the 16:9 format for wide screen tv. Coming out this month to a camera shop near you!
digitizeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2006, 10:29 PM   #3

Thanks, I read abou that feature.* I just thought the S group was a less expensive "small" camera and the Z group produced better pictures but was a bit bigger.* A*trade off of sorts.Not too excited about that feature, My Cell phone does all that.* I hope Casio continues to make great cameras and doesn't get caught up in the "All in One" idea.**I am waiting for the S770, but it is hard because the local stores have the Z70 in stock etc.Casio if you read this, Re-think your numbering and naming, they are too confusing for a simple guy like me. Z70 Z750 S770 etc.**Thanks.
taxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2006, 8:56 AM   #4

Ya. The naming and numbering bother me too. It startedwith King Henry the first all the way to Henry the8. France is worse. King Louise the First all the way to King Louise the15th.Even cars has the same idea of numbering. Acura: rsx, mdx, rl. tl.etc. Good for people with alzheimers. Cheers!
digitizeme is offline   Reply With Quote