Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Nov 24, 2006, 6:09 PM   #1

I just got this camera today and when i record video and look at it on the camera it lookz good but when i put it on my comp it looks really really choppy!!! i have video ffrom my other digi on my comp and it isn't choppy at alll... should i take it back and get it replaced?
blueyedbaybgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 24, 2006, 7:31 PM   #2

Adjust video card resolution. Make it less. Nothing wrong with your camera.
digitizeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2006, 5:26 PM   #3

I have the same prob with my S770. When HQ video (29.97 fps) is downloaded to my mac it is choppy. The combination MPG4 avi compression format is "just choppy" and must be translated by another program like iMovie and saved as a real MPG4 file. Then it works fine but this appears to be a problem with the Casio software that is installed in the Quick Time folder as a "loader" for the mac.

In any case this is a few more steps then shoild be necessary to view HQ video on your computer and I am considering returning the Casio S770. Does anyone know if video on a mac works for Casio's other (latter 10 mega pixal) models?
Ron Freshman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2006, 8:29 PM   #4

Ron Freshman wrote:
Quote:
I have the same prob with my S770. When HQ video (29.97 fps) is downloaded to my mac it is choppy. The combination MPG4 avi compression format is "just choppy" and must be translated by another program like iMovie and saved as a real MPG4 file. Then it works fine but this appears to be a problem with the Casio software that is installed in the Quick Time folder as a "loader" for the mac.

In any case this is a few more steps then shoild be necessary to view HQ video on your computer and I am considering returning the Casio S770. Does anyone know if video on a mac works for Casio's other (latter 10 mega pixal) models?
try play it in VLC player
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
k1mch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2006, 9:17 PM   #5

k1mch1 wrote:
Quote:
Ron Freshman wrote:
Quote:

try play it in VLC player
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
yea so i downloaded VLC and its even more choppy then running it on windows media player... PLEASE HELP!?!? does anyone know what i should do? have any more sugestions???
blueyedbaybgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2006, 4:24 AM   #6

Please note that the video formats of the EX-Z70 and EX-S770 are completely different from each other.

The EX-S770 uses ISO standard conforming MPEG-4 video with IMA ADPCM mono audio. Aside from the fact that the audio codec is not so common, there is nothing wrong with the AVI files created by the S770. If you cannot play them, update your software, or convert them to a format supported by the software you have. This should often be possible by repacking them (e.g. from an AVI into a MP4 container file) without loss of quality.

The EX-Z70 uses Motion JPEG as the video codec which is an undesirable format since it produces mediocre quality clips in big files. A good reason to avoid e.g. the EX-Z70, EX-Z700, and EX-Z1000 in favour of e.g. the EX-S600, EX-S770, EX-Z750, and EX-Z850.

I am using neither Windows nor MacOS, so I cannot give you specific help with your playback problems (both types of video clips seem to play nicely on Windows XP with Media Player 10 though). Those with a PC may find the free MP4Cam2AVI (http://mp4cam2avi.sourceforge.net/) helpful. It allows to convert the EX-S770 videos into a format recognized by typical DivX compatible DVD players.
ex-spex is offline   Reply With Quote