Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Nov 25, 2006, 2:57 PM   #1

OK welll I got carried away with ebay and what not.... now I accidentaly have a New P600(<$200) coming and a new z850(<$260) coming also. I don't know what I want to end up with..... options.
opt A.... sell the p600 use the z850; wait till I have more $$ and get a cheap dslr (d-40, d-50, rebel)
opt B.... sell the z850 buy a s600 (I'd love the EWC 60 for scuba movies); carry the S daily and use the P when I'm expanding my skills with flowing water/ land scapes/fisheye/telephoto/night effects/studio style portraits
opt C.... sell the Z850 and buy the new Z750 I found locally ($310), sell or keep the P600(unsure),

is there a point in having two cams with man controls when I could opt for a true point and shoot and a diff cam with manual modes???

BIG question is (price not an issue) would you prefer a 750 or and 850????
........ please set me straight.

fiyerbirdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 25, 2006, 6:40 PM   #2

I am not a psychologist but i'll set you straight. I think you are suffering from a personality disorder for having two cameras. Just kidding. But seriously, why on earth did you buy the P600? That's old/ancient/relic. The z750 or z850 can do everything manually you mentioned you wanted to do. So between the Z750 and Z850, I would choose the Z750(anthracite only)which you can buy for less than $200.00. But why on earth are you paying over $300.00 forZ750? If money is not an issue, then you can buy the S600 for in -your pocket, carry all the time camera. You might even get a snapshotof Paris Hilton with a wardrobe malfunctionwhich is worth $600.00 ashot and pay both cameras. Good luck.
digitizeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2006, 6:53 PM   #3

The attraction to the p600 was the PC synch cable for studio lighing effects, the threaded lens for filters and lens effects, and the remote control, which I used alot for night exposures on my old Minolta f100. I am pretty sure the P600 has alot more flexibility in apature range ( A priority)

in all honesty I made a bid on the P600 thinking it was a low price and didn't expect to win, and before the auction was over I bought and paid for the Z850.

Can you direct me to a <$200 Z750??? the one local is 310 new and all I see online is refurbs.......
thanks for the response....

any one else have thoughts?
Old Nov 25, 2006, 8:25 PM   #4

Go to eBay. page 11 and 12 under digital cameras(point and shoot). Brand spanking new Z850- $288.98 with 2GB SD card, camera bag and extra battery. CasioZ750 on page 12. $239.95, 10 available. With extra bag, extra battery, memory and a tripod. In our area, big camera stores like Future Shop and London Drugs sometimes drop their prices for a short time to get rid of stocks. I got my S600 for $249.00 with a Samsung Photo printer from Future Shop. Cant' beat that. If you are lucky you might find one. Good luck.
digitizeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2006, 6:15 AM   #5

I have no Idea what Ebay you are looking at.... I don't see new Z750's for anything like that price. Can you post the Item number.... I think my Z850 price of 258 shipped beats the Ebay deal of 310 shipped with a bunch of items I don't want. Thanks for your reply though... any input is appreciated....

anyone else..... any p600/p700 owners?

Old Nov 28, 2006, 7:59 PM   #6

You don't want to buy a used Z750 unless it is an anthracite or gunmetal gray model (same thing – different markets). The early models had problems with lens errors. Even after people found ways to get the gears back in sync the photos were often poor. The reason digitizeme suggests the anthracite model is that it came out after the lens error problem was fixed. But if you are buying locally there is no need to bother with that. Hold the menu button in while you turn the camera on in the store. It will display the firmware version. If it is 1.01 or later you have a model without the lens problem. Don't buy one with firmware 1.00 in a new camera. You can't tell with used models because the firmware can be upgraded.

The Z750 takes better movies than the Z850. The Z850 movies evidently aren't bad with the new firmware but you are always zoomed to some degree. The Z750 is the better choice if you take a lot of movies.

Still images are slightly better on the Z750 as well. But the feature set is so good on the Z850 that I would rate it the better choice for overall photography. The LCD is brighter, it has a stronger flash and it has a better burst mode and even a flash burst.

I can't really comment on which cameras to keep except to say that if you have use for the flash sync and remote you might consider keeping both.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote