Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Dec 1, 2006, 8:06 AM   #1

Wonder if a newer version will be available , thecasio Z750 is off the new site casio.com hoping either this camera had issues, or being upgraded
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 2, 2006, 3:13 PM   #2
Administrator

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
Wonder if a newer version will be available , thecasio Z750 is off the new site casio.com hoping either this camera had issues, or being upgraded
The new model is called the Z850, which was announced in February 2006, which was one year after the Z750 was launched (in February 2005, almost two years ago). ;-)

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2006, 4:02 PM   #3

That I knew.

Ifthey're dropping this model off its line , I wonder if it wil be found at a greater discount. the 750 would bewhat I want but not if it is dropped.
Old Dec 2, 2006, 4:27 PM   #4
Administrator

Manufacturers don't usually "advertise" when model has reached the end of it's production run.

But, as a general rule, a digital camera isn't going to be a current model more than about 12 to 18 months (shorter for non-DSLR models, longer for higher end DSLR models). The manufacturing run may be far shorter than that (but, they may continue to advertise it to sell the copies that are still available).

In the case of the Z750, it appears from looking at the price search engines that the distributors probably sold out a long time ago. Very few reputable dealers still have it in stock. Most are drop shipping from distributors. So, when the distributors run out (as it appears has happened), the number of dealers that have a product available drop significantly.

The production run was probably over a very long time ago (i.e., probably when the Z850 was launched earlier this year). So, very few vendors have the Z750 left, except the larger vendors that have their own stock (like Ritz/Wolf).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2006, 4:54 PM   #5

thanx jim

It is realy difficult for me to purchase one at this time

I want the 750, as it seems to be a great model, and th 850 was not the icing , it was the 1000 model I preferre a opt view finder of natural viewoing over electronic view finder

I am waiting for the Sunday papers , will go for theKpdack 612, and also the 750,

If I need to carry compact i got it if I need a high power zoom I got it, I hate no view finders but cannot complain on my hybrids?
Old Dec 5, 2006, 3:55 PM   #6

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
thanx jim

It is realy difficult for me to purchase one at this time

I want the 750, as it seems to be a great model, and th 850 was not the icing , it was the 1000 model I preferre a opt view finder of natural viewoing over electronic view finder

I am waiting for the Sunday papers , will go for theKpdack 612, and also the 750,

If I need to carry compact i got it if I need a high power zoom I got it, I hate no view finders but cannot complain on my hybrids?
Quote:
What didn't you like about the Z850?
Quote:
I too want a viewfinder.
abredt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2006, 4:12 PM   #7

I did a search and found these dealers selling the Casio EX-Z750.

Hope this helps.

http://www.pricescan.com/digiphoto/i...p?sid=G5111185

Richard

[email protected]

themusicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2006, 3:41 PM   #8

thanks will look into that, still ina dcision mode, too picky I am .