Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Dec 12, 2006, 8:52 PM   #1

HI all. what a great forum which I've just joined. I can't understand it but my intel mac mini running OSX 10.4.8 will not 'see' my casio EX 750 when I plug in the USB cable. All is fine under windows xp so not sure why. Casio support can't help. Any ideas anyone please as I very much want to use iphoto with my casio
casioz750fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 12, 2006, 10:15 PM   #2

Press the USB button on the cradle and that should wake up the connection. Make sure all connections are nice and tight. And make sure the power is connected. oki,doki.
digitizeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2006, 6:01 AM   #3

digitizeme wrote:
Quote:
Press the USB button on the cradle and that should wake up the connection. Make sure all connections are nice and tight. And make sure the power is connected. oki,doki.
It only it was this simple, I obviously did this but no go as I say it works fine in XP but not in OSX
Old Dec 13, 2006, 8:45 PM   #4

Did a bit of research on OSX 10.4.8 which is fairly new release and lots of incompatability issues. Yours could be one of them. Send an e-mail to Casio support group and they might make a firmware upgrade.
digitizeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2006, 3:29 PM   #5

Worse comes to worse, just get a card reader. Noting of use that the dock does over a reader anyways considering you machine should have all the pic viewing options you need.
dazco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2006, 3:37 PM   #6

Oh yes I know but's a bit tiresome having to keep taking out / re inserting the card when it actuallydid work with an ealier version of OSX probably 10.4.2. They need to update the drivers obviously, imagine when it won't even work with the new Leppard 10.5 release due out in a few months,odd these days for a fairly prolific camera maker not to keep on top of things