Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Dec 25, 2006, 2:53 PM   #1

attached image is just with the camera flash. I've never used attachments here before so I don't know how to attach two images. I'll send a second message with the picture with slave.
Attached Images

ArchP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 25, 2006, 2:55 PM   #2

Here is the same room taken with the Metz 28 CS-2 slave flash. It is the very first shot I took with my new flash. I could have pressed the plus button if I thought it was still too dark. The flash remembers the preflashes that it learned from this test shot.
Attached Images

Old Dec 25, 2006, 7:44 PM   #3

I found by taking pictures in the mirror that the slave was not firing at the same time as the camera flash. By increasing the adjustment from 45 msec to 60 msec between preflashes and main flash I merged the two (verified in mirror). Those pics taken outdoors give a better idea of the power of the little Metz 28 CS-2. This one was taken with no flash at all
Attached Images

Old Dec 25, 2006, 7:49 PM   #4

This one is with just the camera flash firing. It makes little or no difference at this distance.
Attached Images

Old Dec 25, 2006, 7:51 PM   #5

This image is taken with both the camera flash and the slave. The slave and camera flash are now in perfect sync.
Attached Images

Old Dec 25, 2006, 7:53 PM   #6

You wouldn't want the house to be that bright so you can press the minus button the the Metz 28 CS-2 five or six times and get a toned down image like this final one. I tried posting the intermediate imagebut I clicked on the wrong oneand couldn't replace it with the right one.

Old Dec 25, 2006, 8:05 PM   #7

I tried a second time but there is a bug that prevents me from attaching the image I have in mind. At least it doesn't look the way it looks on my computer screen. Maybe there is a limit on the number of attachments I can post.
Old Dec 25, 2006, 9:25 PM   #8

I'm interested in your progress and what you find you like/dislike about using the external flash........ keep the pics coming and letting us know how your making use of it.
fiyerbirdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2006, 11:12 PM   #9

Thanks for posting. Whatimpresses meabout the flash is the flexibility (all the different modes and adjustments). I'm also impressed that, onceit learns the camera flash pattern, it seems togive good shotswith or without the redeye and regardless of the camera to subject distance.In view of the fact that it improves the background appearance inmostofmy pictures (lessfade out), there seems to be no reason not to leave it on the camera and use it for allmy flash shots except extreme closeups. I'm not fussy about the fact that it can't be tilted to bounce, but I knew that before I ordered it. It would be necessary to remove the bracket from the camera and hold the flash in one hand and the camera in another - either that or put the flash on some kind of tripod. The price is also high at $179 (Can) being that the case is only plastic. I would prefer ifthe casewere aluminum like the camera case. I found the users manual gives me a certain degree of "brain cramp" after so long reading it- possibly becauseit's a translation from German. I get mentally tired trying to figure out why,for example,I would want to use the manual or auto modesrather than the easy mode. Perhaps with the Casio EX-Z750 the former modes are unnecessary except in very unusual circumstances. Ifyouhave any specific concerns about the possiblelimitations of the flash with the EX-Z750, let me know and I will try to answer by testing it for you. I've been taking almost exclusively video with the camera this past couple of days so I have no more sample pictures (with and without flashto post at this time.
Old Dec 28, 2006, 5:58 AM   #10

Hey ArchP,

thank you very much for your report (perhaps we can call it article ). Looks like this flash is in fact a very valuable accessory. I'll check it out!
ex-spex is offline   Reply With Quote