Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Dec 25, 2006, 7:02 PM   #1

All of a sudden, I can't use the zoom lever or the Set button...it's a mystery to me. Maybe I'm overlooking something or maybe my camera is broken?

Has anyone else had or have this problem? Anyone know how to fix it?

Kychu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 28, 2006, 6:07 AM   #2

Sorry, I don't have your camera, it hasn't happened to me, and I haven't heard of this happening to others, but let's see.

As always, there are four possibilities:
- The camera is physically broken.
- The camera has locked up software-wise and just needs a reset or "reboot".
- You have inadvertedly set the camera to an operational state where the zoom and set buttons do not do anything. (The "off" state is one trivial example here. :lol: But maybe there is e.g. a voice recording state for which this also holds true?!)
- A combination of the above.

Have you done everything to sort out the 2nd and 3rd possibilities? Did you remove the battery and leave it out for a couple of minutes? Does the camera function as normal otherwise?

Good luck!
ex-spex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2006, 1:34 AM   #3

The camera works perfectly fine otherwise. I read up the manual and it said buttons can become dysfunctional from electrical surges when plugged into the computer or charger. Fantabulous, my camera gets damaged by it's own hardware? :? The solution to that was also, as you said, to remove the battery and I did so. It's still acting funky and there's not a nic on it, meaning of course, I've yet to drop it and let it have a hefty fall.

I may exchange it from Costco (the magic of returns?) for another, I have no idea why it's happening. I'll give another go at fixing it though.

Thank you.

Kychu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2007, 7:21 PM   #4

I just had the same thing happen with my Casio Exilim EX-Z850. I received it as a gift for Christmas and the set button and zoom button no longer work on it as of New Year's Eve. I put it in its cradle and viewed some pictures on the TV with it and later that evening, I tried to use it and the zoom and set button were both not working. Do you have any idea what it could be.Please help. Thanks
tyrdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2007, 12:18 PM   #5

I have the Exilim 7.1 MP version, same problem. I was actually zooming when this happened. Otherwise the camera was fine. As it was under warranty, I sent it into the New Jersey rapair center for an estimate, and they claimed it was out of warranty. Estimate? 91.00

I believe the solution to this problem is to not buy a casio product. They just left a very bad taste in my mouth.

Fotrane is offline   Reply With Quote